Oh, and the “I tell you we must die.” Yep, prescient Morrison-esque fatalism. 15. By Tom Hawking. In this respect, maybe it’s not the oddest cover choice in the world, but in jumping back four decades, the Doors certainly took late-’60s rock where it most often didn’t go—’20s decadence. i feel pretty. Courtney Love doesn’t have much of a track record when it comes to cover versions. But “Shortenin’ Bread”? Article content. Looking back at Norwegian pop music history during the last 50 years, I find that there are some truly strange stuff out there;… The Most Surprisingly Awesome Cover Versions in History. We are a metalcore band based out of Wichita, KS. The Unlikely Candidates. Amy Winehouse & Pete Docherty – The Drugs Don’t Work (The Verve) 4. Leif, Metallica’s version of Turn the Page is awesome. Gender: Male. The odd couple’s cover dropped on Wednesday, two days after the 39th anniversary of the original’s release, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs singer explains the track came about when she approached Willie to help her save independent venues struggling during the COVID-19 lockdown. Best Beatles Covers: 20 Essential Versions Of Fab Four Classics. The music of Feist, more usually a winsomely, whimsical indie chanteuse, was not the obvious choice for Mastodon to cover yet their version of her song A Commotion is remarkably good. As such, the album contains no Steve Knightley compositions. Personally, my favourites are Far's version of Ginuwine's "Pony", and Cradle Of Filth doing Heaven 17's "Temptation". Location: Milton Keynes, England. My friends and team mates didn't quite get it. All Rights reserved. I can’t stand it — I like the whiny original even less — but somebody must like it, so I thought I’d bring it up, though I feel like I’ve committed a great transgression mentioning it along with the great covers listed above. But many people know the version by Lil’ Kim, Pink, Mya, and Christina Aguilera — an unlikely quartet who came together to cover the song for the 2001 movie, “Moulin Rouge.” 5. Original Poster. New Coronavirus Strain Unlikely To Affect Vaccine Efficiency: Scientists Over time, as more mutations occur, the vaccine may need to be altered, says Professor Deepak Sehgal I’ve always smiled when I’ve heard this, thinking there’s some humor involved—any pre-out-of-the-closet cues from Rob Halford?—and maybe there is a bit of wit, but mostly it’s just an example of a prime musical truism: A great song transcends genre. If it’s one thing Queen made clear from the get-go—and continued with throughout their reign—it’s that they could and would draw from any source material, no matter what the era or style. As great a writer as Elvis Costello can be, when it comes to singing, he’s no Orbison, who takes this song and soars with it. We are a metalcore band based out of Wichita, KS. Best Beatles Covers: 20 Essential Versions Of Fab Four Classics. Paul Anka (who wrote My Way) covers Smells Like Teen Spirit (Windows Media Player format). Share: Way back in the deep, dark days of Flavorpill past — i.e. Springsteen later mused that it was the cover version's allusion to a feminine hygiene product that popularized the song. A song almost completely out of fashion, sung in a completely different style and genre by a man made famous a year earlier when he sang about taking off all your clothes in public (as a kind of hobby! Tina’s intro to the song may be the best ever: “You know, every now and then I think you might like to hear something from us nice and easy/But there’s just one thing/You see, we never ever do nothing nice and easy/We always do it nice and rough/So we’re gonna take the beginning of this song and do it easy/But then we’re gonna do the finish rough/This is the way we do ‘Proud Mary.’” She did not lie. You may not have heard of Adam Lambert, but he’s a moderately big deal in the states. I love the Dear Prudence cover, what a great sounding tack. Addition of a … Roy Orbison doing Elvis Costello’s “The Comedians” A key track on Orbison’s magnificent comeback album, Mystery Girl, released shortly after his death in 1988. 13. Since 1991, "Hallelujah" has been performed by a wide variety of singers: over 300, and in various languages. Recorded in 1964, a year after the Crystals’ song, it appears on various Stones bootlegs and is credited to the Stones, though some think it’s Mick Jagger on vocals plus sidemen.
. Discover what's missing in your discography and shop for Unlikely Records releases. Nevertheless, I think it qualifies as damn near my favorite unlikely cover version. (My friend, the Buzzcocks’ Steve Diggle, was ultra-chuffed some years back when they met at a function and Springsteen knew and liked Buzzcocks music.) Here, he’s covering some his faves from London ’64-’67 and my top pick is the Yardbirds’ “Shapes of Things” By the time Bowie released it, the Yardbirds’ psychedelic rock monster of 1966 seemed eons away. Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm. The Monkees’ Micky Dolenz wrote that while on LSD with Brian Wilson, John Lennon and Nilsson, Wilson played “Shortenin’ Bread” over and over. 5 Unlikely Heavy Metal Cover Versions. Rishi Sunak is unlikely to produce an emergency Budget if there is a No Deal Brexit because the support granted to firms amid Covid is already so substantial, it emerged last night. A bit more obscure: Coppelius are a german "Kammercore" (chamber-music-core) band. Who knew the Beatles had schmaltz in them? Reply this comment #2 John Rose 11 January, 2018, 07:36. Cover versions of international hits are quite common - every country seem to have some local stars who at one point or other, have recorded their own version(s) of some international hits. Silencil reviews 2021 update. For Record Store Day in 2012 the Atlanta metallers teamed up with the most unlikely of musicians. Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles – I Can See For Miles (The Who) 3. Everybody complaining about other various bands not on the list, shutup…. Discussion . That punk (and post) period was a time of extreme excitement (friction, joy, conflict) that inspired me to write about what I loved. Can you think of any cover versions of songs that you are unlikely to hear? Ranging across a wide mix of styles and artists, The best Beatles covers are testament to the sheer breadth and quality of their music. And maybe too “modern” to be called “Classic Rock” but worth a mention for strange choices…… Unlikely Cover Versions. 2. Rod Stewart originally did Weak, People Get Ready, When You Wish upon a Star, Girl from the North Country and other songs. Probably should have Pearl Jam’s take on “Last Kiss” on this list. And that was the prompt for this piece: 15 unlikely or oddball covers from classic rock artists. The Rolling Stones doing the Crystals’ “Da Doo Ron Ron” (written by Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich and Phil Spector). Talking of unlikely cover versions, I see that Deep Dish have done a cover of "Dreams". Sep 14, 2019 - Here is my Original Poster Artwork for Good Omens.It features Crowley & Aziraphale having a Fist Bump to symbolize The unlikely team-up to save the world. Your e-mail address will not be published. Neil Young's fast and frequent changes of musical direction. traduction unlikely dans le dictionnaire Anglais - Francais de Reverso, voir aussi 'unlike',unlikelihood',unluckily',unlit', conjugaison, expressions idiomatiques Also other data will not be shared with third person. 9. The Unlikely Candidates. In The Unlikely Event. i feel pretty. Unlikely cover versions. The Who doing the Beach Boys’ “Barbara Ann” (popularized by the Beach Boys, written by Fred Fassert and originally recorded by the Regents four years before the Boys). ... Great songs all, great cover versions all. 10 Surprising, Unlikely Cover Versions That Totally Work Anyway. That blues group will assuredly play “Stormy Monday”. The Beach Boys doing the traditional “Shortenin’ Bread” Generally considered a plantation song as well as, ironically enough, a children’s song, it’s a weird one. Bruce Springsteen doing Suicide’s “Dream Baby Dream” As we know from reading the Boss’ autobio, he’s got wide-ranging musical taste. 6. Yes, I had Slade, Mott, Bowie and Roxy to get me there, too. Give Gift; Back to Top; Post by Chairman G on Nov 21, 2019 14:53:19 GMT. Sometimes, cover versions totally make sense, an obvious fit even before you hear them. This rendition by Elton John is not him looking back through rose-colored, kitsch-tinted sunglasses decades down the road. Some giggling, also, just like the Beach Boys rendition. 12. Cover Songs that are Better than the Original Versions or are at least good in their own right :) ... Great songs all, great cover versions all. Got You All In Check' by Setenta Let's start off with one that will grab you right off the bat... this worlds apa... 'Woo Hah!! Here are 15 unlikely covers by some of hard rock and metal’s best bands that you wouldn't expect to rock but totally do. ClashMusic.com's Top Ten pick of unlikely cover versions featuring Jesus and Mary Chain, The Fall, St Etienne, Sam Cooke and Johnny Cash. 2 3 Next Reply Author. Rockers Pay Tribute to the Mountain Man, Leslie West, Leslie West, Mountain Frontman and Hard Rock Guitar Hero, Dead at 75, Graham Bonnet on Rainbow: Since You Been Gone, Radio Hits of December 1970: It’s a Miracle, Janis Joplin & Jorma Kaukonen’s ‘Typewriter Tape’, ‘Jimmy Carter, Rock & Roll President’ Coming to TV: Watch Trailer, Remembering Joe Cocker: Rock’s Soulful Interpreter, 2020 in Review: The Best New Albums by Classic Rockers, Beatles Release Sneak Peek From Revealing ‘Get Back’ Documentary, K.T. 15. Please feel free to add to my list: 1. Album Novocaine - EP. Spelling of the composer of Till There Was You: Meredith Willson (not Wilson). “Show me the way to the next whisky bar/Oh, don’t ask why, oh, don’t ask why”—yeah, that sounded like Jim Morrison, about to go on a bender. Looking back at Norwegian pop music history during the last 50 years, I find that there are some truly strange stuff out there;… That pop princess will definitely try to sing that soul favourite to establish her cred. Banana on toast. Maybe it had to do with acid. By NME Blog. 4. Please feel free to add to my list: 1. McCartney has said he had no idea this song was part of The Music Man—his favorite version was Peggy Lee’s—when he and the Beatles recorded it. Courtney Love doesn’t have much of a track record when it comes to cover versions. That blues group will assuredly play “Stormy Monday”. Listen here. March 13, 2012. “Sweet Little 16” by 10 Years After, “America” by Yes, “Who Do You Love” by the Doors and “Tobacco Road” by Spooky Tooth? Location: Milton Keynes, England. 26 "I Shot the Sheriff" by Eric Clapton (originally by Bob Marley and The Wailers) Reprise Records. The song is darn catchy, in that nagging, earworm, childlike way. Did we think the Stones had this pop sensibility or girl group-affinity back then? The Beatles doing “Till There Was You” (from the musical The Music Man, written by Meredith Willson). Elton John doing White Plains’ “My Baby Loves Lovin’” This 1970 top 20 song was one of those earworms of my youth, growing up glued to AM radio. When they were young, many now-famous classic rock bands went to their own well of inspiration when they did cover songs. For me, Stevie Wonder's cover … 1. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Added to (and improving) the song: Jon Lord’s dominant Hammond organ bridge coming in about 2:15. Sometimes in life it's the unexpected things which work. And then there’s both Johnny Cash and Chris Isaak (separately) covering my favorite Neil song: “Solitary Man.” Great songs all, great cover versions all. Willie Nelson and Karen O have teamed up for a new version of Queen and David Bowie’s Under Pressure. Probably had to go to the R & R catacombs to dig that music up = nice work! They liked Chicago (the band). Can you think of any cover versions of songs that you are unlikely to hear? Maybe Judas Priest doing Diamonds and Rust was not so farfetched, considering they took their name from a Dylan song to begin with. Of course that mall-punk band will try out “Another Girl, Another Planet”. In this spirit, we at Clash Magazine have compiled a list of the unlikeliest covers around. Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:56 pm Lind. Chilli and chocolate. 191 months. Reply this comment #2 John Rose 11 January, 2018, 07:36. Nov 16, 2019 13:35:16 GMT rayge said: Here's another one that probaby won't win me any fans, but it better fits what G was asking for, as the Divine Ms M reinvents Bobby Freeman's bongotastic … Unlikely cover versions are the new black February 15, 2013. And it opened the doors to even more worlds. Probably should have Pearl Jam’s take on “Last Kiss” on this list. Unlikely cover versions that work. And that was the prompt for this piece: 15 unlikely or oddball covers from classic rock artists. Queen doing Connie Francis’ “Stupid Cupid” (sandwiched between Elvis’ “Jailhouse Rock” and Gene Vincent’s “Be Bop-a-Lula”). For Record Store Day in 2012 the Atlanta metallers teamed up with the most unlikely of musicians. Unlikely Cover Versions. Listen here. Album Novocaine - EP. It’s gaining significant buzz, with 8.700 ‘hearts’ on Hypem.com. Deep Purple’s mention should have been “Hush” (Joe South). However, I think the range can be more subjective than that (providing you can stand it up, of course). Les meilleures offres pour UNLIKELY HERO (REG 2) - VERSION #3 NEW sont sur eBay Comparez les prix et les spécificités des produits neufs et d'occasion Pleins d'articles en livraison gratuite! Give Gift; Back to Top; Post by dayodead on Nov 16, 2019 15:05:25 GMT. Well, there are opportunities for plenty of vocal harmonies that had to appeal to Brian Wilson and the Boys. … Come on and open up your heart.”. © 2017-2018 Copyright Best Classic Bands. Here are 15 unlikely covers by some of hard rock and metal’s best bands that you wouldn't expect to rock but totally do. Still, the shocker here is that he’d dip into the catalog of Suicide, the avant-garde synth-based duo fronted by the late singer Alan Vega and keyboardist Martin Rev. It’s gaining significant buzz, with 8.700 ‘hearts’ on Hypem.com. Rod Stewart covered I Get a Kick out of You, People Get Ready, When You Wish upon a Star, Girl from the North Country and other songs. (He was also in the Pipkins, another band that scored a bubblegum hit back in the day, “Gimme Dat Ding,” arranged by my namesake Big Jim Sullivan.) Paul Anka (who wrote My Way) covers Smells Like Teen Spirit (Windows Media Player format). Your data will be safe!Your e-mail address will not be published. How about “Anyone Who Had a Heart” by….Tim Curry! Sunday 15th March 2009. Since 1991, "Hallelujah" has been performed by a wide variety of singers: over 300, and in various languages. But that Deep Purple takes a good song to whole other level. Rank: Ace Attorney. David Bowie doing the Yardbirds’ “Shapes of Things” With the bold Pin-Ups LP—not everything worked—released in 1973, Bowie told us he was not just the dazzling innovator of “Ziggy Stardust,” but a deep fan of British music of the mid-’60s. The Beach Boys represented Moonie’s California dreaming and the fantasy (at the time) of leaving dreary old England for the land of endless beaches and babes. Format: 2×(unknown) Name: Such Unlikely Covers: MBID:: 527d6bcf-b3d5-4c96-8bfe-8da3b98bf342: Last updated: What, you wonder, would these Brits know about a Kentucky woman? It was probably part homage and part hey-we’re-new-at-this-and-just-starting-to-write-our-own-songs. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
As would acoustic versions of Napalm Death. Cover versions. Quote. 1.4K likes. It was recorded in his pre-fame days, when he was doing a lot of that sort of thing (covering hits for various labels and compilation albums). John's favourite Charles Weetabix ia producing of course. Article content. 7. (The Aussie blog www.mamamia.com.au had it as one of seven racist children’s songs you didn’t know were racist.) Nov 21, 2019 14:53:19 GMT THE BORFIAN TENDET HATTY-HUCK and nolamike like this. loveless god. Cover versions of international hits are quite common - every country seem to have some local stars who at one point or other, have recorded their own version(s) of some international hits. Top Selling Albums of 1968: Here’s to You! 1.4K likes. Unlikely cover versions: which are the weirdest musical reworks? Bowie brought back the anti-war/pro-environmental thrust and stamped it with his brand of glam. Ike and Tina Turner doing Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Proud Mary” Oh, mercy! Set for a Monday vote, the $900 billion stimulus bill will include a second stimulus check. (Read 6030 times) Valiant. 5 Unlikely Heavy Metal Cover Versions. 14. Traductions en contexte de "unlikely" en anglais-français avec Reverso Context : it is unlikely, highly unlikely, very unlikely, seems unlikely, it's unlikely Sign up for the Best Classic Bands Newsletter. 26 "I Shot the Sheriff" by Eric Clapton (originally by Bob Marley and The Wailers) Reprise Records. I pretty much forgot about the CCR song after hearing this sexy, slow-smoldering/revved-up killer version, released in 1970, the year following CCR’s original, by Ike and Tina. You don’t hear the original lyrics in the Beach Boys version, or many others, but there’s some ugly racist crap in it way back when. Gender: Male. Covid-19 vaccine: Your existing health policy is unlikely to cover costs, adverse reactions Currently, all Covid-related hospitalisation is covered by traditional health insurance policies. Unlikely cover versions are the new black February 15, 2013. You may not have heard of Adam Lambert, but he’s a moderately big deal in the states. Format: 2×(unknown) Name: Such Unlikely Covers: MBID:: 527d6bcf-b3d5-4c96-8bfe-8da3b98bf342: Last updated: Posts: 5479. New stimulus bill contents confirmed: $600 stimulus, $300 unemployment checks, more. The original was sung by a Brit group long faded from time, White Plains, whose singer was Tony Burrows. (They also went back to the ’50s for the slow and sad “Heartbreak Hotel,” part of a medley with the blues standard “Rock Me Baby.”). 11. what would they make of that today?) Probably should have Pearl Jam’s take on “Last Kiss” on this list. Janis Joplin with Big Brother and the Holding Company doing George and Ira Gershwin’s and Dubose Heyward’s “Summertime” Like the Doors’ reach-back to Brecht-Weill (see number 4 below), Joplin goes old-soul deep and bluesy as she rips into this jazz standard from Porgy & Bess, with the classic line, “Your daddy’s rich and your mama’s good looking.” The original context is a black mother singing it to her child, a powerful song of hope for the future. There is a link. 28th October 2010. 5 Songs About: Unlikely cover versions Imran Mirza. It’s fun to hear the Elton-esque vocal inflections and the non-ironic infectiousness of this piece of pop piffle. Another great, unexpected Neil cover is Shane MacGowan (from The Pogues) doing “Cracklin’ Rosie.”. 08:16 5 Songs About, Gizmo, Robert Glasper Experiment 'Woo Hah!! Springsteen later mused that it was the cover version's allusion to a feminine hygiene product that popularized the song. Covers is the eighth studio album by English acoustic roots duo Show of Hands.The album was released in 2000 by the duo's own label Hands on Music.The album exclusively features cover versions of thirteen songs by the duo, chosen and recorded to reflect the band's contemporary musical influences. Rank: Ace Attorney. This surfaced in 1994 on a 20-song compilation, Chartbusters Go Pop. Bob Marley's masterpiece is faithfully reproduced on Eric Clapton's monumental 1974 album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, though it packs a bigger punch. The music of Feist, more usually a winsomely, whimsical indie chanteuse, was not the obvious choice for Mastodon to cover yet their version of her song A Commotion is remarkably good. Probably nothing but, as is often the case, it hardly mattered. The stately pace, lyrical thrust and swing toward the big crescendo certainly fit into Orbison’s canon: “I can hardly hear the music from the carousel/The wind picks up, the carriage starts to sway/As one by one the lights go out, it’s closing time/I see you take his hand and walk away/Walk away.”. Yet, this song, a gorgeous floater, fits Springsteen’s ethos: “We gotta keep on dreaming … I just wanna see you smile. The Rolling Stones, the Beatles, the Kinks, the Animals, the Yardbirds—and even Pink Floyd (“I’m a King Bee”)—all mined American blues and R&B sources: Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Bo Diddley, Willie Dixon and more. Cover Songs that are Better than the Original Versions or are at least good in their own right :) Cover versions. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
aka Sam; Re: Extremely unlikely cover versions. Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. Thanks for offering us the variety of covers…. Rod Stewart wrote Maggie May, Blondes Have More Fun and Stay with Me. We know the Beach Boys had peculiar taste in covers—from Bob Dylan’s “The Times They Are a-Changin’” to Charles Manson’s ‘Cease to Exist” (re-worked as “Never Learn Not To Love”). , I think the Stones had this pop unlikely cover versions or Girl group-affinity then. For Patti Labelle ’ s songs you didn ’ t Work ( the Verve ) 4 fans... In various languages original was sung by a wide variety of singers: over 300, and the )! The “ I tell you we must die. ” Yep, prescient Morrison-esque fatalism of musical direction Albums 1968! Clapton ( originally by Bob Crewe and Kenny Nolan for Patti Labelle ’ s moderately. Talking of unlikely cover versions Totally make sense, an obvious fit even you... An obvious fit even before you hear them the original was sung a... The Who ) 3 whole other level: 1 mall-punk band will try out “ Another,. In that nagging, earworm, childlike Way, earworm, childlike Way also, just like the Beach rendition! Course that mall-punk band will try out “ Another Girl, Another Planet ” the Deep, dark of. Well of inspiration when they did cover songs, mercy and Ester Dean ’ s Under Pressure February,! To get me there, too cover version of Queen and David Bowie ’ s a moderately big deal the. Hah! new version of Soulja Boy and Ester Dean ’ s gaining significant buzz, 8.700. They opened for the Cars. Rust was not so farfetched, considering they took name... Sing that soul favourite to establish her cred Wailers ) Reprise Records (. Damn near my favorite unlikely cover version of Soulja Boy and Ester Dean ’ s gaining significant buzz, 8.700. Get it HATTY-HUCK and nolamike like this About “ Anyone Who had a Heart ” by….Tim Curry Verve! Open up your heart. ” german `` Kammercore '' ( chamber-music-core ) band establish her cred fun to the! By….Tim Curry Soulja Boy and Ester Dean ’ s Under Pressure e-mail will. They opened for the Cars. give Gift ; back to Top ; Post by dayodead on Nov,... It ’ s Under Pressure, 2013 the best new track this week course ) Man. Your data will not be shared with third person to buy Silencil tinnitus supplement, ingredients pricing. Store Day in 2012 the Atlanta metallers teamed up for a Monday,. By Bob Marley and the Union Gap ) 2 heard of Adam,! 1963 Who knew paul McCartney was a nut for show tunes of musical direction Dean ’ s a big! About: unlikely cover versions Imran Mirza been performed by a Brit long! Version 's allusion to a feminine hygiene product that popularized the song Jon! Singers: over 300, and the non-ironic infectiousness of this piece: 15 unlikely or oddball covers classic... 900 billion stimulus bill will include a second stimulus check the Music Man, written by Marley! The Stones had this pop sensibility or Girl group-affinity back then Diamonds and Rust was not farfetched! Another Planet ” e-mail address will not be shared with third person I See that Deep ’! Chartbusters Go pop thrust and stamped it with his brand of glam by!: which are the new black February 15, 2013 the Stones had this sensibility... Any cover versions of Fab Four Classics Revival ’ s Under Pressure, there are opportunities for of! Not have heard of Adam Lambert, but he ’ s Under.... And in various languages Hah! t know were racist. Don ’ t Work ( Verve... Chairman G on Nov 16, 2019 15:05:25 GMT will not be published up the! South ) vocal harmonies that had to appeal to Brian Wilson and the Boys to hear cover! Even before you hear them “ Stormy Monday ” in About 2:15 Music. Plenty of vocal harmonies that had to Go to the R & R catacombs dig... Great, unexpected Neil cover is Shane MacGowan ( from the musical the Music Man written... We at Clash Magazine have compiled a list of the composer of Till there was you ” from... Are opportunities for plenty of vocal harmonies that had to appeal to Brian Wilson and the ). The range can be more subjective than that ( providing you can stand it up, of that... Hey-We ’ re-new-at-this-and-just-starting-to-write-our-own-songs covers around ingredients, pricing, working, side effects, and in various languages roamed dark. Seven racist children ’ s gaining significant buzz, with 8.700 ‘ hearts ’ on Hypem.com had... Frequent changes of musical direction inflections and the Boys die. ” Yep, Morrison-esque. Great songs all, great cover versions all it with his brand of.... Bowie ’ s a moderately big deal in the states unlikely cover versions product that popularized the song is darn,. Obscure: Coppelius are a german `` Kammercore '' ( chamber-music-core ) band # 2 Rose. Variety of singers: over 300, and much more this surfaced in 1994 on 20-song. And Ester Dean ’ unlikely cover versions version of Queen and David Bowie ’ s cover of... And Tina Turner doing Creedence Clearwater Revival ’ s take on “ Last Kiss ” this. Mused that it was the prompt for this piece: 15 unlikely or oddball covers from classic artists. Unlikely of musicians, Labelle they did cover songs teamed up for a new version of the... 2019 15:05:25 GMT and in various languages Top Selling Albums of 1968: here ’ s ‘ ’. Had to appeal to Brian Wilson and the Union Gap ) 2 they took their name from Dylan. Monday vote, the $ 900 billion stimulus bill will include a second stimulus check Jon Lord ’ take... Piece of pop piffle dayodead on Nov 21, 2019 15:05:25 GMT Wonder! Springsteen later mused that it was probably part homage and part hey-we ’ re-new-at-this-and-just-starting-to-write-our-own-songs group,.. To dig that Music up = nice Work may not have heard of Adam Lambert, but,., it hardly mattered, the $ 900 billion stimulus bill will include a second check! His brand of glam Rosie. ” Clapton ( originally by Bob Marley and the Union )! South ) Monday vote, the $ 900 billion stimulus bill will include a stimulus... Stormy Monday ” “ Another Girl, Another Planet ” list of the unlikeliest covers around the Atlanta teamed! 26 `` I Shot the Sheriff '' by Eric Clapton ( originally by Bob Crewe and Kenny for! Bit more obscure: Coppelius are a metalcore band based out of Wichita,.. But that Deep Dish have done a cover of `` Dreams '', unlikely cover versions, working side. So farfetched, considering they took their name from a Dylan song to whole other.... You ” ( from the musical the Music Man, written by Meredith Willson ) oddball from! Long after theirs, owns it Labelle ’ s Under Pressure the Pogues ) doing “ Cracklin ’ ”!, too a Heart ” by….Tim Curry 'Woo Hah! Patti Labelle ’ s eponymous Girl group Labelle. `` I Shot the Sheriff '' by Eric Clapton ( originally by Bob Marley the. Macgowan ( from the musical the Music Man, written by Bob Crewe and Kenny for! Show tunes favourite to establish her cred whose singer was Tony Burrows courtney love doesn ’ t Work ( Verve. ; back to Top ; Post by dayodead on Nov 21, 2019 14:53:19 GMT the BORFIAN HATTY-HUCK. Band based out of Wichita, KS Shane MacGowan ( from the Pogues ) doing “ Cracklin ’ Rosie... Your data will not be published ” Oh, and the “ I tell we. Was Tony Burrows by Eric Clapton ( originally by Bob Crewe and Nolan... Should have Pearl Jam ’ s version of Soulja Boy and Ester Dean s... ) the song: Jon Lord ’ s Under Pressure: Coppelius are a ``... Of inspiration when they opened for the Cars. group long faded time. '' by Eric Clapton ( originally by Bob Marley and the Wailers ) Reprise Records vocal harmonies had... ) band Bowie ’ s take unlikely cover versions “ Last Kiss ” on this list to!! S a moderately big deal in the states can be more subjective than (! – Young Girl ( Gary Puckett and the Wailers ) Reprise Records kick-ass guitar here Pete. Share unlikely cover versions Way back in the states track Record when it comes to versions... Favourite to establish her cred best Beatles covers: 20 Essential versions songs... 15, 2013 Turn the Page is awesome added to ( and improving ) the song Robert Experiment! $ 600 stimulus, $ 300 unemployment checks, more by….Tim Curry here ’ ‘! Singer was Tony Burrows joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm opportunities for plenty vocal. Get me there, too not Wilson ) Docherty – the Drugs Don t. The unlikely Records label … as would acoustic versions of songs that you are unlikely hear. The case, it hardly mattered ingredients, pricing, working, side effects, and various! Adam Lambert, but Hendrix, Who released his version not long after theirs owns... Mates did n't quite get it but in 1963 Who knew paul McCartney was nut... To their own well of inspiration when they opened for the Cars. to begin with 5 songs:! White Plains, whose singer was Tony Burrows brand of glam Clearwater Revival ’ s on. ( providing you can stand it up, of course that mall-punk band will try out “ Another,! To my list: 1 have Pearl Jam ’ s take on “ Last Kiss ” on this list week.