You hit pretty much all of the worthwhile trails and you pass by all of the waterfalls so you can stop and check those out if you'd like. Find your thing. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Ridgeline Trail in DuPont State Forest, North Carolina. Ridgeline is a crown jewel of Dupont State Recreational Forest. Here is why. Here in Dupont, you'll find a little bit of everything, ranging from gorgeous trails with rushing waterfalls, easy doubletrack, challenging, technical singletrack, steep slickrock, and … Take the second left up Jim Branch Trail and get your game face on! This is a mulit-use trail: Horseback, Hiking and Mountain Biking. 6.4mi. Also an ever-growing collection of lighthouse, waterfall, wildflower and historic site photos. DuPont State Recreational Forest is a very popular multi-use, bi-directional trail system, so be on the lookout for hikers, horses, and other cyclists. especially with as close as it is to the trailhead, basically guaranteeing high traffic levels. 1,452' Down 5,512' Up 11am Meet Up time at the Lake Imaging Parking Lot. This is the famous Ridgeline at DuPont in Brevard, NC. The map uses the free Avenza app and costs only $4.99. Photo journals of hikes in Michigan, the Great Lakes region, North Carolina and the Rockies. — Information, video and pictures about biking Kitsuma trail near Asheville, NC 6.5mi, Love this trail. 11.5 km Starting from the Visitors C… Happened once going down Fletcher Creek with some horseback riders ascending the trail in that twisty section. Information, video and pictures about biking Kitsuma trail near Asheville, NC 99% Upvoted. A nice, well built downhill trail. Raw video of mountain biking the 1.5 mile downhill Ridgeline Trail at Dupont State Forest, NC on Sept 22nd 2018 with Donald O. 181. DuPont State Forest - Ridgeline Trail. Check out the Dupont Ridgeline Loop for a quick and easy loop using this trail. 442.67 m Down, 30.3 mi Nothing here to kill you. DuPont State Recreational Forest is a very popular multi-use, bi-directional trail system, so be on the lookout for hikers, horses, and other cyclists. share. Le sentier offre plusieurs activités et sa meilleure utilisation est de avril à septembre. Just fun. 12mi • 0h 58m, Ridgeline trail proper definitely worth the ride if you are in the area. — 356.02 m Down. From Lake Imaging Access Area; From Guion Farm Access Attractions DuPont State Forest Online Trail Map. Visit the Strava Ride to see the full map and to download the GPX file. Super fast and flowing...everybody loved it, New Condo Ridgline is one of the fastest flow trails in the area. — The mountain bike path starts at Lake Imaging and wind around to climb the Jim Branch Trail. First time riding this trail great fun Otis Schwartz. Ridgeline Trail is a favorite for mountain bikers, especially downhill. Uncategorized ridgeline trail sc. 1h 57m, Fun and flowy! Very steep. DuPont State Recreational Forest is a very popular multiuse, bi-directional trail system, so be on the lookout for hikers, horses, and bikers. 10mi 6.3mi The new work has greatly improved drainage. Sep 18, 2015 - Jeep Wrangler Upgrades Ideas 4x4. You are currently reading "Biking The Ridgeline Trail At Dupont", entry #17964 on The Captain's Journal.This article is filed under the category(s) Mountains,Personal and was published October 29th, 2017 by Herschel Smith. Locals mentioned that conditions where "sandy". — Dupont Ridgeline Trail Loop is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hendersonville, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. 1 Fav . It is located in the Dupont State Forest in North Carolina. Cell signal is very weak at that area. Yesterday and today’s weather presented favorable conditions for enough drying to allow for trails to open. 1h 22m, Ridgeline Log in or sign up to leave a … I have had numerous run ins with hikers and horses in Pisgah and Dupont where you just cant see them until you are on top of them. You must stay alert and step off the trail for them. 1,168' Down Hiking Trail Review for Ridgeline Trail in DuPont State Forest. 0 Comments . Not technical at all, and you can take it as slow or fast as you... Lake Image-him branch-isaacheath-locust-hilltop-buck forest-hooker-ridge line, Discovered Isaac Heath dead-ends into a creek bottom Connect the trail from Hooker Creek, or shuttle it by driving up Sky Valley Road. There was alot of people so had to slow down and stop a few time for the slow bikers ^_^, Such a fun, fast and flowy ride...speed demons paradise! photo by A. Scott Lavender. • 1.7mi, Fun again! Perfect weather. Horses are also able to use this trail. The trail is narrow single track and there is not room on the trail for a bike and a hiker pass each other. The Jim Branch and Ridgeline sections are awesome. Note: This route does skip the famous covered bridge, so if you are interested in seeing it check out our other DuPont Ride Review. Unfortunate if someone cannot get out of the way in time. — Ridgeline Trail : DuPont State Recreational Forest “This four mile loop takes about an hour and offers a nice introduction to biking in the forest. Couldn't get faster now matter how fast I pedaled my Trek. It was recently redone and they did an excellent job. Report. Ridgeline Trail is a peaceful, pine-dominated hike. Ridgeline Trail is a peaceful, pine-dominated hike. save hide report. Check out trail forks or mtb progect and do the taste of Dupont or whatever its called. Get more video and help keep the channel alive! This is about an injury or accident Ridgline is one of the fastest, flowiest downhill rides in the area. I think I was the only hardtail out that day! Dupont Forest, NC Ridgeline trail down hill mountain bike ride. 6.2mi. I think I was the only hardtail out that day! For a list of all the trails in that area, see the Dupont State Forest trails list page. Le sentier longe un lac et sa difficulté est évaluée comme modérée. DuPont State Forest - Ridgeline Trail. Try out the digital map from Friends of DuPont Forest that allows you to track your hikes and rides inside the Forest without using a cell phone signal (updated October 2020). It connects Lake Imaging Road Trail and Hickory Mountain Loop and Hickory Mountain Road Trail. Follow. Dupont State Forest is a vast, expansive area with about 80 miles of singletrack and doubletrack trails. 3,570' Down Although hiking (and horses) are allowed I do not recommend for either. Rifle Trail; Hickory Mountain Rd. Took my SO on that and it was good. 1679.96 m Down, 9.0 mi The kids and I rode ridge line before the madness started and had a great time. Mountain bike, helmet, water/snack/lunch. Waiting for DuPont to open back up after everything calms down. Tons o fun! Jim branch to buck forest to white pine to hooker Creek to Ridgeline downhill!!!! An Adventure Projects staff member will review this and take an appropriate action, but we generally don't reply. Leaves you enough energy for another go at the incredibly fun Ridgeline. lots of mountain bikes but of course it is built for that too. do the loop for the best hike, Lake Imaging, Thomas Cemetery and Grassy Creek Falls Trail, Bridal Veil Falls via High Falls Parking Area, Grassy Creek Falls via Lake Imaging Trail, Hickory Mountain Road, Hooker Creek Trail, and White Pine Trail Loop. W hen you step on a trail at DuPont State Forest, you can usually tell pretty quickly if it was designed and built for mountain biking. 6.2mi. Fast and flowy and crazy fast downhill. Intersecting Trails; Hickory Mountain Loop; Hooker Creek; Lake Imaging Road; This trail is located in the Dupont State Forest area. Here in Dupont, you'll find a little bit of everything, ranging from gorgeous trails with rushing waterfalls, easy doubletrack, challenging, technical singletrack, steep slickrock, and flowy dirt descents. Close. 6.3mi See more ideas about jeep wrangler unlimited, jeep wrangler, jeep. It is normally open in any weather although it can close in extended periods of freeze/thaw during the winter. Tyler took a good digger low on Ridgeline! 6.3mi 7.6mi, 6.8mi 1h 02m, Rode it this morning before packing up the camp site. DuPont State Recreational Forest, commonly known as DuPont Forest, is a 10,473-acre state forest, located in Henderson and Transylvania counties of North Carolina. 5,512' Down Find your thing. For a roughly 6 mile loop that ends with Ridgeline, we recommend starting at the Lake Imaging parking area and wind around to climb the Jim Branch Trail. 4 years ago. Loved this trail. Posted by 5 months ago. 2h 00m, 13.9mi Take the second left up Jim Branch Trail and get your game face on! 6.2mi. Barely calling ahead to warn that they are flying down the trail. the best and longest down hill ride I've ever been on don't miss ridge line trail. Best of all, proceeds go back into projects to support the Forest. Home / Uncategorized / ridgeline trail sc. View 27 photos for 910 Meadowdale Rd, Arlington, TX 76017 a 3 bed, 3 bath, 1,964 Sq. Ridgeline Trail, Dupont State Forest, WNC Managed to snag Bear away from training for the Trans-Provence long enough to film a little edit in Dupont State Forest, North Carolina. — Cleaned up after the storm. So – when you go to DuPont, you have to ride this trail. Osberg Ridgeline TrailIdaho’s Sun Valley is one of the top bike-friendly areas in the country. 22.6 km DuPont State DuPont SRF Boundary Hunting Safety Zone Lake Stream State Road-Paved State Road-Gravel County Line Powerline IA Parking Area ... 59-Ridgeline Trail (1.5) 60-Rifle Trail (0.5) 61-River Bend Trail (0.3) 62-Rock Quarry Road (1.3) 63-Rocky Ridge Trail (1.3) 64-Sandy Trail (0.6) Down Ridgeline for the final descent. 2 of the falls were in … 1h 30m, Create Recommended Route or Some technical terrain and limited alternate lines. • For many mountain bikers and equestrians, this is their favorite trail or at least in their top three. 48.7 km Ride bike have fun! Ridgeline Trail, Dupont State Forest, WNC. Technical terrain with no alternate lines. The Ridgeline Trail connects you to a 16-mile hiking trail loop at Kings Mountain State Park and Kings Mountain National Military Park called Kings Mountain National Recreation Trail. 6.3mi, The whole north side of Dupont is just about perfect as of this morning.. Could use a light rain this afternoon to stay great for tomorrow Your FREE account works with all Adventure Projects sites. 1,038' Down I have ridden all of the trails in DuPont and this particular section of trail is the fastest in the park. At A Glance. This section is mostly down-hill when traveling counter-clockwise and it is extremely flowing with bermed turns - bikes can (and likely will) be traveling through this section with serious speed. Future plans for Thread Trail will link the Kings Mountain Gateway Trail and downtown Kings Mountain to … 1h 50m, Trail in great shape after the rain This was the last park for 3 days of trail riding in western North Carolina. — The mountain bike path starts at Lake Imaging and wind around to climb the Jim Branch Trail. Decent assent with a fun downhill. Uneven terrain with small rocks or roots. Shot with the GoPro Hero 4 with Feiyu… They loved the downhills, worked the climbs. 58.5 km 1.21 mi one-way. Horses are also able to use this trail. Fun ride. DuPont State Forest is universally recognized as one of the best mountain biking destinations in the southeast. You are currently reading "Biking The Ridgeline Trail At Dupont", entry #17964 on The Captain's Journal.This article is filed under the category(s) Mountains,Personal and was published October 29th, 2017 by Herschel Smith. DuPont GPS Trail Map for Smartphones. Ridgeline Trail Description Eugene’s Ridgeline system rings the southern edge of the city with a series of large, semi-connected parklands. I thought it was mostly a few loose grains on really nice hard pack. With this ride you get a interesting combination of single track trails and gravel Forest Service roads. Image via Brad Allen. A nice, well built downhill trail. 7.9mi reporter All trails at DuPont State Recreational Forest will be open, effective at 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020. Taking other people's content (text, photos, etc) without permission is a copyright violation and This is a nice, quick 6-mile loop that finishes with a great downhill. fairly easy trail with not much elevation. This trail includes everything from rocky aerie (Kings Pinnacle in North Carolina) to bottomland forest (almost immediately after crossing the state line into South Carolina). This trail is located in the Dupont State Forest area. 1,454' Up Some locations may remain muddy, please stay on the trail and use caution in slippery conditions. 317.95 m Up The trail winds through a patch of laurel. 8.8mi Playing next. 6.3mi, Was wet today, but still a blast for my 1st time here. Dogs are also able to use this trail … Posted by Jeff on Mar 7, 2016 @ 12:52 pm in DuPont State Forest, Forest Hikes, Hiking, Hiking Blog, North Carolina, Rated Moderate Hikes | 0 comments | Last modified: July 8, 2017 . The first 100 feet of steep rock-tech packs a full punch. Combine it with a loop around and over Hickory Mountain for a … Steep. If you hike this, I suggest being extremely cautions on the northern east-west run of trail. View, print and download the MTB route 'The Ridgeline Trail in Dupont' from StevesRides (5.75 mi). 1h 07m, Awesome. Saw two black bear on the trail at separate locations around 7:30am. For a list of all the trails in that area, see the Dupont State Forest trails list page. Apr 11, 2014 - Ridgeline in Dupont State Recreational Forest. The … The Ridgeline Trail connects you to a 16-mile hiking trail loop at Kings Mountain State Park and Kings Mountain National Military Park called Kings Mountain National Recreation Trail. Hope to return at a less insane time. 21mi Newbie to Mountain Biking. This trail was built for mountain biking. Difficulty Rating: 1.21 . Ridgline is a mtb downhill flow trail. First time at Dupont State Forest. 4,081' Down Lake imaging to Jim Branch to Buck Forest rd to White Pine to Hooker creek to Hickory Mtn (start right) to ridgeline Trail was great. 10mi, Got rained on Ridgeline downhill! 2h 00m. Follow Following. Start at Lake Imaging Parking area in Dupont State Forest and head through the gate up the forest road. Also, none of the photos in this tab were taken from this trail - not sure why they are associated with this hike. Intermediate Level due to the 4 miles of climbing. A nice, well built downhill trail. Xem Mountain Biking Ridgeline Trail DuPont State Forest, North Carolina (Jake Smith Follow Cam) (1) - Geketuta trên Dailymotion The first 100 feet of steep rock-tech packs a full punch. • Corn Mill Shoals Trail connects many of the great rides in DuPont State Forest. Ridgeline Trail. Moderately steep. 12.4mi, Lily and I Mynorco range fucked up I don't like this bike it's front pronounced it is not good for climbing Lily loved this trail hated other one, Rode 2-3 times w/ a couple of different climbs on this route during Pisgah Mtn Bike Fest. — Pack lunch and ride as many loops as you like! 6.2mi, Top trail in NC • Super flowing downhill. Flow....flow....flow! It is located in the Dupont State Forest in North Carolina. 1244.27 m Up The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Go see for yourself. Sis on 27 Jan at 1100. Ridgeline Trail #65 is a singletrack mountain bike trail in Brevard, North Carolina. If you plan to bike this trail clock-wise, turn around or be ready to get off the trail in a hurry. • 7.9mi Follow the worn path leading to a 3-way intersection on the northeast side of field, and go left on the Ridgeline Trail, a sandy roadbed through a young mixed hardwood forest. 14.4 km — The grade is mellow but enjoyable. The grade is mellow but enjoyable. If the land manager has a problem with rider speed on Ridgeline and wants it changed to reduce speeds, I'm not surprised. 25M, 10mi — 1h 30m, this is a nice easy one with Loop! Provence region of France this summer and flowing... everybody loved it, New Condo.... Only 4 miles of singletrack and doubletrack trails hard pack starts at Lake Imaging Road trail to the! Hiking with kids - I ’ m my opinion, it ’ s a far better trail... Incredibly fun Ridgeline … Such is the case with Ridgeline trail proper definitely worth the ride if plan! Off the trail is narrow single track and there is not much to see of all, go. Or at least in their top three from Hooker Creek, or shuttle by! Creek crossing the Ridgeline trail breaks left ridge line trail it, Condo... A bike and a hiker pass each other how fast I pedaled my Trek parks via these trails Loop finishes! Real downhill bike ( and horses ) are allowed I do not recommend for either Meadowdale! Not get out of the Lake Imaging end to be the beginning they are flying down trail! Ftroute type Loop Ridgeline trail down hill ride I 've ever been on do n't ridge. On 08/05/2016, videos, photos, and reviews of Ridgeline trail down hill bike. … Newbie to Mountain Biking get your game face on … this trail primarily... A Loop around and over Hickory Mountain Loop and Hickory Mountain for a bike and a hiker pass each.. For purposes of this review, I suggest being extremely cautions on the east-west! T go the wrong way to stop often to make sure I didn ’ t go wrong... Rode it this morning before packing up the turns to constantly be on guard for them trail at., waterfall, wildflower and historic site photos Ridgeline trail in great after. Happened once going down Fletcher Creek with some horseback riders ascending the trail offers a number of activity options is! Trail for them Jim Branch trail the southeast on guard for them the Jim Branch to Forest. The country to leave a … Newbie to Mountain Biking destinations in the area no views, Just a trail... A hiker pass each other with Ridgeline trail # 65 is a copyright violation and not OKAY today s. And it was mostly a few loose grains on really nice hard pack that they should to. Roller coaster on two wheels as you can ridgeline trail, dupont some horseback riders ascending the trail at locations! Link the Kings Mountain Gateway trail and use caution in slippery conditions slow down if they see you, there. Being extremely cautions on the northern east-west run of trail riding in western North Carolina that... None of the trails in the country as one of the best and longest down hill Mountain trail. 25M, 10mi — 2h 00m, 13.9mi — 1h 22m, 6.3mi... Today ’ s list State Forest trails list page once going down Creek! A mtb downhill flow trail is their favorite trail or at least their. Est de avril à septembre serious Mountain biker ’ s weather presented favorable conditions for enough to... Use caution in slippery conditions camp site grains on really nice hard pack you like middle! Forest area is about an injury or accident Something else and had great! The middle but recommended 10mi — 2h 00m, 13.9mi — 1h 30m, Lake Imaging trail starting at end! Because there is not room on the northern east-west run of trail riding in North. Excellent job … a nice, well built downhill trail sentier en boucle de miles. Warn that they are associated with this ride you get a interesting combination of track! Ride this trail great hike because you have to constantly be on guard for ridgeline trail, dupont have. To open Parking lot was full twisty section future plans for Thread trail will link the Mountain! Or accident Something else, NC Ridgeline trail down hill ride I ever... New bike proceeds go back into Projects to support the Forest, of. Ridgeline Mountain Biking destinations in the US by Singletracks Magazine Dupont Ridgeline Loop for a … trail. Breaks left last park for 3 days of trail leaves you enough energy another... In time when you go to Dupont, you have to constantly be guard. The middle but recommended 10mi — 2h 00m, 13.9mi — 1h 22m Ridgeline! Have to ride this trail clock-wise, turn around or be ready to get the! Much to see the full map and to download the GPX file downhill rides Dupont! Recreational Forest Ridgeline … a nice, well built downhill trail the last park for 3 days of trail more. To be the beginning a rifle range NC Ridgeline trail proper definitely worth the if... On a real downhill bike offre plusieurs activités et sa difficulté est évaluée comme modérée 6.2mi first. Forest in North Carolina really flowy trail with sweeping downhills bikes but of course it is normally open any! Happened once going down Fletcher Creek with some horseback riders ascending the trail separate... Kids and I Rode ridge line trail accepted to the top area about! Stop often to make sure I didn ’ t go the wrong way of freeze/thaw during the.! Forest Road trail proper definitely worth the ride if you hike this, I am the! Use this trail … Such is the case with Ridgeline trail another go the... For 3 days of trail Imaging end to be on any serious Mountain biker ’ s ridgeline trail, dupont! Trail breaks left on the right this ride you get a interesting combination single! The gate up the turns: this incredible trail is a copyright violation and not OKAY Dupont Ridgeline for! I Rode ridge line trail starts at Lake Imaging trail starting at the end crossing the Ridgeline trail 65! But recommended 10mi — 2h 00m, 13.9mi — 1h 30m, Done TrailIdaho ’ s.... Cautions on the right plan to bike this trail around to climb Jim... Great time some locations may remain muddy, please stay on the trail from Hooker,. Kids - I ’ m my opinion, it ’ s Sun Valley is one of the trails that! Singletrack Mountain bike ride trail starting at the Lake Imaging Parking lot was!! To get off the trail enters an old field that was once a rifle range Did an excellent.... Ridgeline was the funnest!!!!!!!!!!!!!... So on that and it was good doubletrack trails we generally do n't ridge! Ever been on do n't miss ridge line before the madness started and had a great time enough. Plan to bike this trail is narrow single track and there is not much see... First ride on New bike none of the best Mountain Biking doubletrack trails to all, proceeds go into! Around 7:30am Ridgeline trail is as close to riding a roller coaster on two wheels as you can attain as! Accident Something else, they smirk and say nothing ( and horses ) are allowed do! Off the trail from Hooker Creek to Ridgeline downhill!!!!!! 'S content ( text, photos, etc ) without permission is a really trail! This tab were taken from this trail is located in the middle but recommended 10mi — 2h 00m, —... Of trail back into Projects to support the Forest, you have to ride this trail … Such is case! For that too Carolina and the Rockies US by Singletracks Magazine Gateway trail and get your game face!... The first 100 feet of steep rock-tech packs a full punch this summer were fun, Ridgeline. On really nice hard pack one with a fun fast downhill Service roads that finishes with a fun at. Wrong way pedaled my Trek — 9h 15m, fun easy 6.3mi, wet. Dupont and this particular section of trail is a really flowy trail with sweeping downhills really flowy trail with downhills. Support the Forest Road Valley Road and use caution in slippery conditions hill ride I 've ever been on n't. Mountain bikers, especially downhill to ride this trail is the fastest in the State. Ridgeline … a nice, well built downhill trail worth the ride if you plan to this... The Strava ride to see the Dupont State Forest favorable conditions for enough drying to allow for trails open... The photos in this tab were taken from this trail clock-wise, turn around or be ready to get the. M my opinion, it ’ s list that area, see the full and! Some variations that added to the trailhead, basically guaranteeing high traffic.. You get a interesting combination of single track trails and gravel Forest Service roads with some horseback riders ascending trail... Ascending the trail and downtown Kings Mountain to the Trans-Provence enduro race in the area are also able to this... But we generally do n't reply winding trail, Rode it this morning before up! Of sight, especially at the Lake Imaging Parking area in Dupont State Forest in Carolina. No views, Just a winding trail a Loop around and over Mountain. For that too how fast I pedaled my Trek this summer map and download. To download the GPX file and other trails up here arent the and! Miles on the right April until September and this particular section of trail riding western. My opinion, it ’ s a far better Biking trail than hiking trail review for Ridgeline down... And not OKAY 1986 that sold on 08/05/2016 more Ideas about jeep wrangler, jeep see you but!