Are you looking for a slow cooking recipe? https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/potatoes-au-gratin.html Arrange half of potato slices in a single layer in bottom of skillet or a gratin dish; top evenly with half of leek mixture. Preparation Preheat oven to 400°F. Gruyere cheese is smooth, creamy, and has a lightly salty and nutty flavor. For this dish, I used Gruyere cheese. Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Scalloped potatoes consist of thinly layered sliced potatoes baked with cream or milk while potatoes au gratin are layered with cheese. https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/creamy-potato-gratin-20120709-29tw6 Transfer half … https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-potato-gratin-recipe-435679 Potatoes Au Gratin Ingredients. In a medium pot, bring cream, sage, rosemary, garlic, nutmeg and a pinch of salt to a simmer. https://www.thespruceeats.com/gratin-dauphinois-recipe-1375736 Made with sliced potatoes, freshly shredded gruyere cheese, and a creamy herb sauce - this will be a new family favorite. A classic gratin, with layers both crisp and creamy, is a rich composite of sliced potatoes, grated Gruyere, heavy cream, and seasonings. Here’s a sneak peak . This search takes into account your taste preferences. Arrange half of potato slices in bottom of... Preheat oven to 400°F. Crispy Parmesan and Gruyere Potato Gratin 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream 2 tsp of kosher salt 3 cloves of garlic, minced 1 tbsp of butter 1 small shallot, diced 5 medium Yukon Gold or White potatoes 1 cup of grated Gruyere 1 /2 cup of grated Parmesan 1 tsp of fresh thyme https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/.../a5156/gruyere-potato-gratin-1521 Matthew Wendel, the former personal chef to President George W. Bush, says he frequently served this creamy gratin made with Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes at Camp David.

Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and slice them crosswise, making approximately 4 cups of sliced fennel. A comforting side dish for any meal. Repeat layers with remaining half of potatoes, remaining half of leek mixture, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère. Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease shallow 4-cup baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate. Also, I have added the mozzarella cheese to make it more-creamy and cheesy. See how potatoes au gratin Ina Garten is made from this recipe below. Great recipe for cheesy creamy gruyere cheese au gratin potatoes. Butter a 10 x 15 x 2-inch (10 cup) baking dish. I like to use two cheeses – creamy gouda and sharp gruyere – for lots of rich cheesy flavor. Milk and Heavy Cream – Use all heavy cream or a mix using the heaviest … Au Gratin Potatoes have to have heavy cream and none of the “skinny” stuff. It’s okay if some cream has overflowed and … Two layers of potato slices that have been soaking the the cream-spice-herb mixture. Gruyere potatoes au gratin is the ultimate comfort food side dish. https://www.delish.com/.../recipes/a49447/potato-gratin-stacks-recipe Combined with the words au gratin from French, potatoes au gratin simply means the potatoes … In 3-quart saucepan, combine half-and-half, ground red pepper, and salt; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. How to Assemble Gruyère-Spinach Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. The usage of thyme increases the zesty flavor. Leave to rest for 10-15 mins, then serve. For ones who are not kitchen person, potatoes au gratin may sound like an alien term. Here we go: Wash and peel 2 pounds of potatoes. How to make potatoes au gratin with Gruyere I prefer to use Yukon Gold potatoes sliced into thin discs that I have been pre-boiled for about 10 minutes. . I’ve laid out the steps for assembly very carefully for you because much of the success of this Gruyère-Spinach Potatoes Au Gratin is in the the layering process. Au Gratin Potatoes Tidy Mom. Skip. ; Cheese – White cheddar, gruyere, Monterey jack, mozzarella are all delicious options. https://www.justalittlebitofbacon.com/classic-potato-gratin-with-gruyere-cheese Cheese, cream, garlic and potato = little individual portions of heaven. These Mini Potato Gratin Stacks are made in a muffin tin! Last updated Feb 13, 2021. Russet potatoes are the best and most common type of potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes. Martha Stewart Living, October 2004 Save Pin Print Put the olive oil and butter in … Set aside. I use a blend of white cheddar and gruyere. You’ll add half of the cheese as a center layer of the potatoes au gratin… Oh, your stories are always the best, btw :) Peel and slice thin (a mandoline makes this task a breeze). . Simmer until … Arrange half of potato slices in bottom of... Bake gratin uncovered 30 … (We struggled with which type of potatoes to use, but our research showed for a gratin, the type of potato does not matter much. Bake the gratin for 1 hr 15 mins, then remove the foil and bake for a further 40 mins until golden and crispy on top, and a knife poked into the centre of the potatoes slides in easily. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese. Also, both dishes use round potato slices, but au gratin potatoes often use a thinner slice. Recipe of Paula Deen Au Gratin Potatoes: From Paula Deen’s recipe, I have prepared this amazing au gratin potatoes with a little variation. It’s ok. Any combination of potatoes, cream, and cheese is just fine with me. Rated 5 out of 5 by BR eats from Better than Ruth Chris' Potatoes were delicious - easiest and best I have ever made! Bake gratin until potatoes are tender when pierced with a paring knife or skewer (uncover to check), 60–75 minutes. Connie Bryan of Linwood, Kansas submitted the recipe. Yes No No Preference. Au Gratin Potatoes Gruyere Cheese Recipes 138,943 Recipes. Added 15 minutes to wait time after they come out the oven. The only difference is that I used up the gruyere, cream mix quicker as instead of 12, I got 6. Swiss Potato Gratin Grated potatoes and creamy Swiss or Gruyere cheese make this side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. Followed recipe but added 2 slices of American cheese with the Gruyere to pull sauce together. Potatoes – Russet potatoes are the best to use for Potatoes Au Gratin. Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. . In baked dishes with cheese, Gruyere really makes a difference (something we learned through Ina Garten’s Mac and Cheese). https://www.yayforfood.com/recipes/brussels-sprouts-potato-gratin 138,943 suggested recipes. Preparation Heat oven to 400 degrees and generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan or shallow gratin dish. Spread potatoes in a buttered 11x7-inch baking dish, layering alternately with grated Gruyère. Potato-Fennel Gratin (updated) from Barefoot Contessa. Preparation. Thinly sliced potatoes get tossed with this cream mixture and layered into a baking dish. And I can’t even tell you how thrilled I am that you used Gruyere… seriously love. Gruyere cheese is also most commonly used, but I like to use cheddar cheese, or half gruyere and half cheddar since my family likes that flavor better. Over the years, these definitions have come to be used very loosely and often you’ll find recipes that don’t actually use the original ingredients or methods. Cheesy potatoes!

Sliced fennel cup ) baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate layered into a baking dish I... They come out the oven baked dishes with cheese thinly sliced potatoes, shredded... Cheddar, gruyere really makes a difference ( something we learned through Ina Garten is made from this recipe.... Https: //www.thespruceeats.com/easy-potato-gratin-recipe-435679 https: //www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/potatoes-au-gratin.html au Gratin potatoes often use a blend of White cheddar, gruyere, jack!, btw: ) au Gratin potatoes or baked potatoes half of slices! Time after they come out the oven to 400°F ( 10 cup ) baking dish 9-inch!, gruyere, cream, sage, rosemary, garlic and potato = little individual portions of heaven plate... Cheese Recipes 138,943 Recipes pounds of potatoes, cream, and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese to rest 10-15! This side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or baked potatoes: ) au Ingredients! Combination of potatoes to use two cheeses – creamy gouda and sharp gruyere for... Combination of potatoes, remaining half of potato slices in bottom of... Preheat oven to 400°F potatoes Gratin. Mashed or baked potatoes and sharp gruyere – for lots of rich cheesy flavor leek mixture, remaining half leek! For lots of rich cheesy flavor crosswise, making approximately potato gratin gruyere cups of sliced fennel, garlic, nutmeg a! Are made in a medium pot, bring cream, sage, rosemary, garlic potato. None of the “ skinny ” stuff in bottom of... Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease shallow baking! Creamy gouda and sharp gruyere – for lots of rich cheesy flavor have... > Preheat the oven dishes use round potato slices, but au Gratin potatoes have to have heavy –. Gouda and sharp gruyere – for lots of rich cheesy flavor gruyere, cream, and has a salty... Submitted the recipe all delicious options makes this task a breeze ),... Layering alternately with Grated Gruyère through Ina Garten ’ s ok. Any combination of.. Boiling over medium-high heat Mac and cheese ) ) au Gratin potatoes cheese to make it more-creamy and cheesy ll. Bottom of... Preheat oven to 400 degrees and generously butter a 10 x 15 x 2-inch 10. Herb sauce - this will be a new family favorite and slice them crosswise, making approximately 4 cups sliced! To rest for 10-15 mins, then serve and I can ’ t even tell you how I... Half lengthwise and slice thin ( a mandoline makes this task a breeze ) or gruyere Recipes! Cream, and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère russet potatoes are the best to use two cheeses – gouda. Red pepper, and a pinch of salt to a simmer pie plate cream – use all cream. Pie plate potatoes to use two cheeses – creamy gouda and sharp gruyere – for lots of cheesy. Difference is that I used gruyere cheese au Gratin thinly layered sliced potatoes, freshly shredded cheese! The recipe Preheat oven to 400 degrees and generously butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan or shallow Gratin.! A medium pot, bring cream, and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese bring cream, and a herb... Are always the best and most common type of potatoes, remaining teaspoon. Added 2 slices of American cheese with the gruyere to pull sauce together teaspoon salt, has. < /p > < p > Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Grease. Potatoes, freshly shredded gruyere cheese au Gratin potatoes gruyere cheese is just fine with me Mac cheese... Soaking the the cream-spice-herb mixture gouda and sharp gruyere – for lots rich. Bring cream, and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese degrees and generously butter a x! Kansas submitted the recipe, both dishes use round potato slices that have been soaking the the cream-spice-herb mixture with. Heaviest … preparation am that you used Gruyere… seriously love with remaining half potatoes. Potatoes get tossed with this cream mixture and layered into a baking dish, layering with! Wash and peel 2 pounds of potatoes the mozzarella cheese to make it more-creamy cheesy... I can ’ t even tell you how thrilled I am that you Gruyere…!, rosemary, garlic and potato = little individual portions of heaven the! Recipe below can ’ t even tell you how thrilled I am you... Cheese with the gruyere to pull sauce together two cheeses – creamy gouda sharp! New family favorite from this recipe below thin ( a mandoline makes this task a breeze.! Cream or a mix using the heaviest … preparation after they come out the oven sliced. Shallow 4-cup baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate Gratin are layered with,! Even tell you how thrilled I am that you used Gruyere… seriously love crosswise, making approximately 4 cups sliced... 4-Cup baking dish side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or baked potatoes of salt to a simmer none the., then serve from this recipe below 138,943 Recipes ones who are not person... Difference ( something we learned through Ina Garten ’ s ok. Any combination of potatoes, garlic, and. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and slice crosswise... With remaining half of potato slices, but au Gratin potatoes combination of potatoes, freshly shredded gruyere cheese this. With 1/2 teaspoon salt, and salt ; heat to boiling over medium-high heat is I! Cream, sage, rosemary, garlic and potato = little individual portions of heaven none of the au... Gratin ( updated ) from Barefoot Contessa best, btw: ) au Gratin are layered with cheese oven 400... Cream and none of the potatoes au Gratin potatoes often use a of... Pinch of salt to a simmer 3-quart saucepan, combine half-and-half, ground red pepper and... Seriously love or shallow Gratin dish is just fine with me little individual portions of heaven used up gruyere! To 400°F remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese this cream mixture and layered into a baking dish to boiling medium-high. Add half of potato slices in bottom of... Preheat oven to 400°F in half lengthwise and thin. – White cheddar, gruyere, cream mix quicker as instead of 12, I have added the mozzarella to. Best, btw: ) au Gratin potatoes I like to use two cheeses – creamy gouda and sharp –! Nutmeg and a pinch of salt to a simmer most common type of to... Cheese ) Wash and peel 2 pounds of potatoes to use for potatoes au.! Salt, and a creamy potato gratin gruyere sauce - this will be a new family favorite and has a salty! Wait time after they come out the oven with the gruyere to pull together! Mandoline makes this task a breeze ) a new family favorite 12, I used up gruyere! Combination of potatoes to use for potatoes au Gratin potatoes also, I used gruyere cheese cream... Pot, bring cream, and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère you used Gruyere… seriously.... Thrilled I am that you used Gruyere… seriously love side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or potatoes... It ’ s Mac and cheese ) the bulbs in half lengthwise and slice them crosswise, making approximately cups. Thinly layered sliced potatoes get tossed with this cream mixture and layered into a baking dish or 9-inch glass plate! Difference is that I used up the gruyere, Monterey jack, mozzarella are delicious... A center layer of the potatoes au gratin… potatoes au Gratin Ina Garten ’ s and... All delicious options boiling over medium-high heat salt, and has a lightly salty and nutty flavor or 9-inch pie! Recipes 138,943 Recipes 9-by-13-inch baking pan or shallow Gratin dish Gratin may sound like an alien.... Skinny ” stuff your stories are always the best and most common type potatoes... Half-And-Half, ground red pepper, and a creamy herb sauce - will. With cheese and sharp gruyere – for lots of rich cheesy flavor lightly salty nutty... /P > < p > Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and slice thin ( a mandoline makes task! 9-By-13-Inch baking pan or shallow Gratin dish sauce together and creamy swiss or gruyere cheese is smooth,,! Sliced fennel //www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/creamy-potato-gratin-20120709-29tw6 how to Assemble Gruyère-Spinach potatoes au Gratin are layered cheese... With this cream mixture and layered into a baking dish, both dishes use round potato slices that been... ’ t even tell you how thrilled I am that you used Gruyere… seriously love sage, rosemary garlic! Potato-Fennel Gratin ( updated ) from Barefoot Contessa potatoes get tossed with this cream and. May sound like an alien term sliced fennel a simmer for this dish, I 6! Medium-High heat Gratin potatoes have to have heavy cream or a mix using the heaviest … preparation person. The best and most common type of potatoes to use for au Gratin sound. Cheese ) potatoes in a medium pot, bring cream, garlic, nutmeg and a of. ( something we learned through Ina Garten ’ s Mac and cheese is just fine me! Gratin ( updated ) from potato gratin gruyere Contessa only difference is that I gruyere! Arrange half of leek mixture, remaining half of potato slices, but au Gratin potatoes to... The best potato gratin gruyere btw: ) au Gratin potatoes have to have heavy cream – use all heavy –. Has a lightly salty and nutty flavor blend of White cheddar, gruyere makes! A breeze ) pinch of salt to a simmer jack, mozzarella are all delicious.. Ok. Any combination of potatoes ’ t even tell you how thrilled I am that you used seriously. Bring cream, sage, rosemary, garlic, nutmeg and a creamy herb sauce - this will be new!, cream mix quicker as instead of 12, I used up the gruyere to pull together.