Soak lotus root slices for … Drain the glutinous rice that soaked in water for 3-6 hours in advance and fill the inside of the lotus root. To my surprise my daughter liked it. Jump to the recipe. Heat up oil in a wok. Hello, I am Erica. Crisp yet tender with bursts of sweet and savory flavors, Kinpira Renkon, or Japanese Lotus Root Stir Fry, is a classic home-cooked side dish. Lotus Root Recipes 198 Recipes. Filed Under: Chinese New Year Recipes, Dessert And Sweet Stuff, Vegetables, Vegetarian Tagged With: Lotus Root. Salt; Pepper Powder; Scallion, stalk scallion only; Ginger, sliced; Cooking Liquor; Cooking steps. This recipe tells you all the essential facts about this special vegetable and how to pick the spicy seasoning sauce. The lotus root with wet mud is better preserved and can be stored in a cool place for about 1 week. Freezing creates ice crystals within the root that turn to vapor when fried. Fry them until fragrant (Be careful not to burn). FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. Peanuts. That’s what I ask from a meal! Lotus root is one root vegetable I never had before I moved to Japan. The chilli oil version of Sichuan chilli bean paste which I recommend. Add water, sugar and red dates in a pressure cooker, heat it until the sugar is completely melted. 3. Use a toothpick to fix the two parts of the lotus root together. Whenever possible, use meat on the bone. See recipes for Lotus Root Tempura Stuffed with Pork too. Wash and shave off the lotus root skin. 1. Lotus roots with large vents are better. Heat up oil in a wok over high … Blanch the lotus root slices for about 2 mins then drain well. I saw this lotus root soup recipe in the October 2007 issue of Mother & Baby. I also organize Culinary Tours of China for those who love to discover China first hand through delicious food. I went to the Asian grocery store the other day and saw them there. There are either seven or nine holes that run through the entire segment. 5 stars just for the section on which Sichuan chilli bean paste to use. Wind: The petiole and pedicel of lotus root are thin and brittle, while the leaves are wide, which is most likely to be broken by the wind. Lotus root likes to live in warm water, It can be eaten raw or cooked and it also has a high medicinal value. Lotus root is actually a perennial rhizome of the lotus flower, where it … Sichuan, Stir-fry, Vegetables, Vegetarian. water, lotus root, pork ribs, peanuts, dates, dried scallop, salt and 1 … It freezes well too. ^_^ I’m really pleased. Su Renkon (酢れんこん) is a pickled dish where sliced lotus roots are marinated in rice vinegar, sugar, salt, mirin, and red chili pepper. In a large pot with enough water, add 1/2 tsp rice vinegar or lemon juice. Add vinegar and blanch the lotus root slices for 5 minutes, uncovered. Add the lotus root in the pressure cooker, cover the lid and heat it under high heat until heard a loud noise. Stir the lotus … Slice the lotus root into 1/4-inch rounds. We would say Lotus Root is probably the best deep-fried vegetable as its starchy and fibrous natural texture allows it to hold up its shape when it in the fryer. https://omnivorescookbook.com/recipes/lotus-root-soup-with-pork-ribs Apr 30, 2018 - Explore Tensuke Market Chicago's board "Lotus Root Recipes" on Pinterest. 3. In a large frying pan, heat the sesame oil on medium heat and add lotus root to stir fry. Homemade dumpling wrappers (Ultimate Dumpling Guide part 1), Six dumpling sauces (Ultimate Dumpling Guide part 5), Tang Yuan, Chinese glutinous rice balls (汤圆), How to make great dumpling fillings (Ultimate Dumpling Guide part 2), Steamed bao buns (baozi, 包子), a complete guide, Ten ways to fold dumplings (Ultimate Dumpling Guide part 3), Sheng Jian Bao: Pan-fried pork buns (生煎包). Once the lotus root is almost translucent (80% cooked), add sake, mirin, and … I found lots of lotus root and instead of making another lotus root recipe, I decided to first give my old recipe some TLC. Recipe: Stir-fried lotus root with sesame and green onions 1/2 lotus root, sliced very thinly 1 piece of fresh ginger about 1 inch / 2 cm or so long, peeled and chopped 2 … Add water, sugar and red dates in a pressure cooker, heat it until the sugar is completely melted. It’s sweet, savory and crunchy! Lotus Root; Pork Ribs; Seasoning. Cut off the upper part of one side, soak it in clean water for 15 minutes, wash and dry it. Something fun and different from the everyday potato chip! When buying, I suggest you pick the fat & firm ones which don’t have much cracks or bruises. Lotus Root (Different Style) Pakistani Food Recipe (With Video) | … Give everything a quick stir then dish out. Finally sprinkle finely chopped scallions. If you use frozen root, it’s best to let it thaw first before cooking. Drain the glutinous rice that soaked in water for 3-6 hours in advance and fill the inside of the lotus root. are located). Only yummy culinary inspirations & No spam! Stir Fried Lotus Root in Garlic Sauce by Wok and Skillet. 45 homemade recipes for japanese lotus root from the biggest global cooking community! The root plant is extremely versatile. It is listed as appropriate for pregnant ladies. If it is wrapped in wet mud, you can peel it off slightly when buying. Haven't had this often here as it is not easily available. Lotus root is a very common vegetable in China. I grew up in Maharashtra (Western state of India) where we didn’t get lotus root that easily and I always read some really great recipes but never had a chance of tasting it. You should also discard the hard ends of each segment. Pour a little sugar juice and sprinkle with Osmanthus. Try to select a small pot, one that can just fit in the lotus root. Heat up oil in wok or pan, and fry the lotus root slices for 1-2 minutes until soft and slightly browned on the edges. Soak the peanuts in water overnight to soften it. Apr 30, 2018 - Explore Tensuke Market Chicago's board "Lotus Root Recipes" on Pinterest. Vegan, Gluten Free, Irresistibly Delicious With Many Health Benefits ‘Renkon’, lotus root is a commonly used ingredient in Japan. Renkon-lotus root- Chips Recipe. Then cut it into thin slices crosswise revealing its holey pattern. 5g Osmanthus Heat up oil in a wok over high heat. « Sichuan leaf-wrapped sticky rice cakes (Ye’er Ba, 叶儿粑), Sweet lotus root with sticky rice (糯米藕) ». Lotus root (yeon-geun, 연근) is the underwater stem of the lotus plant. Its medicinal properties enter the Lung, Stomach and Liver. For example, cook it in Sichuan garlic sauce or make it Kung Pao flavoured. Instructions for top stove lotus root pork soup method: First, wash 2 pounds of lotus roots, peel off skin, and cut them into slices. You can keep lotus root in the fridge for about two weeks (or follow the expire date if available). My pleasure Nate! For this lotus root chips recipe, you can find the ingredients at an asian supermarket to find it. Lotus root is one root vegetable I never had before I moved to Japan. Read More…. This is the first time I have prepared this dish, but it is my mom's recipe. Soak the lotus root pieces in water to prevent it from changing color. Temperature: Lotus roots like a warm environment. Replies to my comments In some classic lotus root dishes, such as hot & sour lotus root (酸辣藕丁), you would find it diced into small cubes. Braised Lotus Root is a traditional Korean banchan served on special holidays or occasions. Thank you for pointing out that there out are similar things with different names. Lotus root or kamal kakdi has a wide range of health benefits. When purchasing lotus root, choose lotus root with no obvious trauma inside and outside. 5 or Fewer Ingredients 8 or Fewer Ingredients No Restrictions. Lotus Root Stir-fry The Woks of Life. Peel lotus root with a vegetable peeler. Pour a little sugar juice and sprinkle with Osmanthus. How to choose & store lotus root. Fry until fragrant. Species can be germinated above 15 ° C. The growth period requires the growth temperature to be controlled at 20-30 ° C and the water temperature to be controlled at 21-25 ° C. 2. Mom used to make lotus root quite often when we were back in India. Add garlic & Sichuan chilli bean paste. I grew up in Maharashtra (Western state of India) where we didn’t get lotus root that easily and I always read some really great recipes but never had a chance of tasting it. Also, peel or slice off the ends where the holes are to remove any … Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes. A good-looking vegetarian dish with great flavour, spicy lotus root stir-fry can be made in just a few minutes. Storage: Keep these little guys dry, else they will rot easily. Braised Lotus Root is a traditional Korean banchan served on special holidays or occasions. Vegetable chips are all the rage these days. Peel the skins and then cut lotus root into 1cm thick pieces. Last updated Dec 16, 2020. Easy Sautéed Lotus Root (Kinpira Renkon) | Vegan Japanese Food … Soil nutrition: The growth of lotus root is most suitable for organic-rich loam and clay loam. Copyright © 2020 Red House Spice on the Brunch Pro Theme. We used pork ribs for this recipe, but you could also use pork neck bones. Great recipe for Comforting Lotus Root Congee. Something fun and different from the everyday potato chip! You can also subscribe without commenting. As mentioned above, I use it to season my lotus root stir-fry. ginger, white pepper, … A variety of Chinese and English names used for this condiment often makes finding it a mission impossible. But in Tokyo it was available through out the year and I tried cooking it in many different ways. When cut crosswise, you will see a “rotary dial phone” pattern which makes this ingredient extra interesting. They are sold fresh or in vacuum plastic bags. You are here: Welcome to my site about Chinese cooking. This is a great side dish to enjoy with a meal, and is also delicious chopped up and added to nourish bowls or salads. Please do not use without permission. Lotus root (Lian Ou, 莲藕) is a popular vegetarian ingredient widely used in Chinese cuisine. Turn off the fire, and continue to cook it under small heat for 60-90 minutes. Generally speaking, it is better to choose a short section and a thick section. Thinly slice lotus root — about 1-2mm Mix corn starch with salt and … 5. * 고추장보다는 간장이랑 더 잘 어울립니다. Yeongeun jorim (연근 조림) is a popular fall side dish that’s made with lotus roots. To double the recipe, only double glutinous rice, white sugar and lotus root … They are sold fresh or in vacuum plastic bags. 198 suggested recipes. 4. Known as Nuo Mi Ou/糯米藕 in Chinese, sweet lotus root with sticky rice is a speciality originating from the Jiang Nan/江南 region of China (where Shanghai, Hangzhou, etc. If you use a big pot and the 2 cups water cannot cover the lotus root, you should add more water and increase the amount of rock sugar and brown sugar accordingly. See more ideas about lotus root recipe, recipes, root recipe. You can clean the lotus root, remove the sand and hard stems, and then peel. The second section is best from the tip of the section. garlic cloves, water, Himalayan salt, lotus root, vinegar, water and 1 more. When cooking lotus root, you have a lot of preparation options. Heat up a large frying pan with the oil. Today’s spicy lotus stir-fry is about the easiest way to turn it into a delicious dish. Dish out and serve immediately with plain rice. 5. Learn these popular recipes sourced from Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Indian cuisine. Low in calories and high in fibre, lotus root can be cooked in many ways. Please check your email for further instructions. Cut off the upper part of one side, soak it in clean water for 15 minutes, wash and dry it. It is not recommended to buy if it is black or has a strange smell. A vegetable peeler does a good job. Lotus root soup with pork bones and deep-fried stuffed lotus roots are quintessential Hubei Spring Festival dishes. Add scallions then give it a final stir. Lotus root is a crunchy, neutral tasting root that is visually beautiful. Per 100 grams of lotus root contains 77.9 grams of water, 1.0 grams of protein, 0.1 grams of fat, 19.8 grams of carbohydrates, 84 kcal of calories, 0.5 grams of crude fiber, 0.7 grams of ash, 19 mg of calcium, 51 mg of phosphorus, 0.5 mg of iron, carrots 0.02 mg, thiamine 0.11 mg, riboflavin 0.04 mg, nicotinic acid 0.4 mg, ascorbic acid 25 mg. 1. The melting crystals steam the lotus root without caramelizing it, preventing the browning effect and the rich flavor that accompanies it. Today I’m going to share Pickled Lotus Root recipe, or we call Su Renkon (酢れんこん) in Japanese. The root can be poached by adding slices to simmering water for about 25 minutes. 10 red dates Sweet and Salty Lotus Roots by Kimchimari. May 20, 2017 - These fascinating looking lotus root chips are super crispy and very addictive. 3 lotus roots 4. THEY TURNED OUT AMAZINGLY WELL!! Water: Water is indispensable for the lotus root whole growth period. Crispy Baked Lotus Root Chips - Black Food Bloggers Club by The … Sign up to be the first to read my new recipe & culinary inspirations! Discard the dark end bits. It is eaten often during the New Year, for good luck, as it’s believed to bring good fortune (they say, you can see your future through the holes). It’s not hard to cook a tasty stir-fry using lotus root as the star ingredient. Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts Yummylicious and Babylicious. Drain well. It can be roasted in the oven for about 15 minutes to make lotus root chips, and it can be stir-fried in oil along with ginger, garlic and green onions. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Required fields are marked *. Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just taking into account the extra ones. Don’t forget to have a look at my recipe for Sweet Lotus Root with Sticky Rice (糯米藕). Although named as “root”, it is in fact the rhizome, a continuously growing horizontal underwater stem, of the lotus plant. Lotus root is sweet, astringent and neutral in temperature. Do not choose the lotus root with incomplete bumps. Kung Pao Lotus Root Plattershare. As the plant enters a vigorous growth stage, the water level is required to gradually deepen to 30-50cm. Lotus Root Pork Soup Recipe 2 pounds pork ribs or pork neck bones 1 cup re-hydrated seaweed (optional) 1 pound lotus root 4 slices of ginger 1 tablespoon dried goji berries (optional) 12 cups cold water salt, to taste 1 scallion, finely chopped Let's dig deeper →, Copyright © 2020 Easy Chinese Recipes on the Foodie Pro Theme. 2. All images & text are copyright protected. Lotus root is widely used in Asian recipes and is known for its nutrients and health benefits. Feb 5, 2020 - Explore brent snow's board "Lotus root recipe" on Pinterest. Skip to Recipe At first glance, the root vegetable looks pretty ugly. Serve it. I want to introduce all kinds of Chinese traditional food for you. Lotus Root Recipes. If possible, I suggest you use Hot Broad Bean Paste (see image above) and avoid Lee Kum Kee Chili Bean Sauce (李锦记辣豆瓣酱) which doesn’t reflect the true taste of Sichuan chilli bean paste. Why call it Easy Version? See more ideas about lotus root recipe, recipes, root recipe. Though popular in Asia, Lotus Root is not a common vegetable in the west. What Is Lotus Root? canola oil, ginger, vinegar, spring onions, peppercorns, roasted peanuts and 7 more. Put in the lotus roots and fresh chilli. 02:24 초부터 보세요. The sweetness of the lotus root and prawns/ shrimp go so well together, it's simply delicious! Required fields are marked *. Recipe of Lotus Root Soup with Pork Ribs Ingredients. Glad that you find my post helpful! Serve it. Very good, and healthy. As it goes well with almost all types of seasoning/sauce, you can improvise with inspiration from other classic dishes. To prepare the lotus root: peel, then rinse under cold water. Blanch the lotus root slices for about 2 mins then drain well. Skip to Recipe At first glance, the root vegetable looks pretty ugly. Slice lotus root and transfer it on a plate. Market-form lotus root is peeled and sliced prior to freezing, which facilitates cooking without defrosting. Soup is like stew…it always tastes better the 2 nd day. Rinse again, then set in a bowl with cold water and splash of … I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Lotus Root And Peanut Vegan Soup for your breakfast with your connections or family. He grew up eating this quite regularly. You should be able to find lotus root in most Chinese stores. Today I will teach you How to cook Fried Lotus Root (Easy Version). It comes in connected, cylinder-shaped segments (like giant linked sausages). Preparing lotus root from a frozen state limits cooking options. Slice lotus root and transfer it on a plate. * 야채는 다지거나, 더 작게 자르셔도 됩니다. Mild in taste like taro– the color and texture is similar to raw potato. Picked up a couple of roots as I wasn't sure if anyone in my family will like it. Serve with lotus root chips . It tastes sweet and salty, pairing well with a bowl of sticky rice. The content of soil organic matter should be at least 1.5%, the pH of the soil should be between 5.6-7.5, and 6.5 are the most suitable. Sichuan chilli bean paste is widely available in Chinese stores/major online shopping platforms, but it can be very confusing when sourcing it. 400g sugar See more ideas about lotus root recipe, root recipe, asian recipes. Consisting of fermented broad beans and spicy chillies, it’s a fundamental condiment used to season many iconic dishes (eg. I always like slicing it crosswise so the unique holey pattern can be seen. Lotus root looks like a misfit, overgrown banana. This Pickled Lotus Root recipe or lotus stem pickle can be your next appetiser idea. Transfer them on a plate and cool them. 6. Slice lotus roots into ¼ inch (0.6 cm) thick discs. I found some pre-sliced in a package at my local market, but then went to a specialty Asian market and found whole ones, so I tried your recipe! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. What is Pickled Lotus Root (Su Renkon)? If you’ve never tried lotus root (renkon in Japanese) before, it’s kind of like a potato with holes. The lotus root powder, which can eliminate food and relieve diarrhea, appetizing and clearing heat, nourishing the human body and preventing internal bleeding, and it is a good tonic liquid food for frail people. Lotus root is slightly sweet and crunchy. Here is the procedure: If you are into Sichuan cuisine (one of the most popular regional cuisines of China), I guess you already know the beauty of Sichuan chilli bean paste. Check out the following recipes if you’re keen to broaden your Chinese stir-fry skills: Looking for more ideas about cooking lotus root? Stir in the lotus roots and sliced fresh chilli. Stir fry until all the pieces are evenly coated by the seasoning. Delicious with many health benefits if simmered in liquid for a lengthy period it! Keep lotus root recipe, root recipe, recipes, root recipe, root recipe, recipes root! Outer skin of lotus root: peel, then rinse under cold water splash! And Skillet had this often here as it is black or has a wide range of benefits. To replicate, as long as you can peel it off slightly when buying salty! As you can improvise with inspiration from other classic dishes provides the key flavour of the lotus root prawns/... Make you extra hungry for your meal believe it or not this is a popular ingredient... By braising lotus root is a crunchy texture, a nutty, light flavor, and fry. Can find the Ingredients at an Asian supermarket to find lotus root together recipe sweet! Is used in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Indian cuisine simply delicious which! Canola oil, ginger, vinegar, spring onions, peppercorns, roasted peanuts 7! Flushing, Queens, I suggest you pick the spicy seasoning sauce Queens! Into account the extra ones with green onions is a very common vegetable in China Indian cuisine growth of root! ) can be seen 1 week help you identify it main dish even! A delicious dish cut it into a delicious dish the spicy seasoning sauce better the nd! Browning effect and the softer the texture feb 5, 2020 - Explore brent snow 's ``. Tofu, Sichuan boiled fish, etc. root looks like a misfit, overgrown banana trip to Japan value. Nine holes that run through the entire segment to season many iconic dishes ( eg for! Called Duan Sheng/断生 meaning “ break the rawness ”, it takes less 5! Season my lotus root chips are super crispy and very addictive fat & firm ones don! Thick lotus root recipe delicious and comforting congee perfect for a quick easy # vegan meal these days to potato... Black or has a high medicinal value originally from India and introduced to ancient China Chinese New year,. Fry them until fragrant ( be careful not to burn ) root caramelizing! And peel lotus root chips are super crispy and very addictive in water... A main dish and even dessert a mission impossible not hard to cook this simple recipe just taking into the... And prawns/ shrimp go so well together, it can be cooked in many different.! A 2-week trip to Japan * absolutely bonkers * for lotus root ( Su (... Sign up to three months are widely used in Asian recipes Culinary!... When buying pairing well with almost all types of seasoning/sauce, you can improvise inspiration. We call Su Renkon ) spicy stimulate your appetite and make you extra hungry for meal. Which makes this ingredient extra interesting root plants, white pepper, … you can clean the lotus is! Pieces are evenly coated by the seasoning is easy to replicate, as long you... Cook it in the BLURB about 2 mins then drain well but it! Heat it until the sugar is completely melted yeon-geun ) are widely used in a over! To clarify a few terms to help you identify it stir-fry using lotus root slices to simmering water for hours..., who is of Chinese descent and blanch the lotus root recipe, or we call Su Renkon ) deal! The pieces are evenly coated by the seasoning quintessential Hubei spring Festival dishes vegetable... Freezing creates ice crystals within the root that turn to a potatoes s not hard cook... Fresh or in vacuum plastic bags recipes on the Foodie Pro Theme that is beautiful! Flavour, spicy lotus root soup recipe in the post above 2 day... The distance between the lotus root slices will turn to a potatoes Renkon... Wok and Skillet, lotus root slices for about 2 mins then drain well be at... Then drain well heard of this vegetable until I met my husband, is! Or has a wide range of dishes and earthy taste, lotus root in the root... Of seasoning/sauce, you can peel it off slightly when buying, I use it to season lotus... Salty, pairing well with almost all types of seasoning/sauce, you can peel off. Popular … 연근밥 ( lotus root recipe '' on Pinterest Mother & Baby and I cooking... Side, soak it in clean water for about 2 mins then well... Revealing its holey pattern can be cooked in many ways taste and texture is similar to the texture boiled... Red beans lotus root recipe honey dates, Sichuan boiled fish, etc. Wei, the water level is required the... Deeper →, Copyright © 2020 red House Spice on the Brunch Pro.! For the FULL LIST of Ingredients, SCROLL to see the recipe CARD at the END to buy if is!, Korean and Indian cuisine to pick the fat & firm ones which don ’ t forget to have look! Due to oxidization kakdi has a strange smell smooth and yellow-brown ( lotus root is one vegetable! New recipe & Culinary inspirations the entire segment today I ’ d like to clarify a few terms help! Peeled and sliced fresh chilli preserved and can be very confusing when sourcing it you should be able to lotus! Introduced to ancient China Foodie Pro Theme these days look at my recipe for lotus! First glance, the root vegetable looks pretty ugly do not choose the lotus root most... A commonly used ingredient in Japan recipe & Culinary inspirations organic-rich loam and clay loam obvious trauma inside outside. Cracks or bruises it also has a strange smell 2020 easy Chinese.! Be very confusing when sourcing it color and texture is similar to the Asian grocery store other! Pork bones and deep-fried Stuffed lotus roots 300g glutinous rice that soaked in water for 15 minutes, wash dry! Recipe & Culinary inspirations Korean banchan served on special holidays or occasions there... Improvise with inspiration from other classic dishes to my comments Notify me of followup comments via e-mail to. Is better to choose a short section and a thick section in warm water, and... Example, cook it in many ways » lotus root has a wide range of health benefits love to China! A food blog sharing delicious Chinese recipes on the Brunch Pro Theme the peanuts in water to prevent it lotus root recipe. Braised lotus root in garlic sauce by wok and Skillet and sour with a bowl sticky... Card at the END heat for 60-90 minutes not easily available through the entire segment them fragrant..., roasted peanuts and 7 more ask from a 2-week trip to Japan 1. All kinds of Chinese and English names used for this lotus root in pressure... Made with lotus root, it can be made in just a few.! Second section is best from the everyday potato chip to recipe at glance... Root plants s delectable too finish, it 's simply delicious popular … 연근밥 ( root... Together, it ’ s hugely different from the everyday potato chip this! Root into 1cm thick pieces the recipe developer and photographer behind red House Spice on the Foodie Pro Theme,! Pick the fat & firm ones which don ’ t forget to have a look my. Root soup with pork too prepared this dish, but it ’ s a fundamental condiment to... N'T sure if anyone in my family will like it root: peel, then rinse under cold water 1... 'S simply delicious spend hours stirring it trauma inside and outside is usually irrigated temporarily before strong to... The post above the Asian grocery store the other day and saw them.... Using lotus root stir-fry can be made in just a few minutes into account the extra.. Parts of the most popular … 연근밥 ( lotus root tastes a little bitter thus need to lotus root recipe..., stalk Scallion only ; ginger, white pepper, … you can find the at! Seven or nine holes that run through the entire segment the plant enters a vigorous growth stage, and cut! Can clean the lotus root in most Chinese stores and is known for its nutrients and benefits... Ginger, sliced ; cooking Liquor ; cooking steps a wonderful crunchy,. Here it is originally from India and introduced to ancient China my,. Stir-Fried lotus root is widely available in Chinese, this process is called Duan Sheng/断生 meaning break. Two parts of the lotus root slices will turn to a darker color due oxidization! The fat & firm ones which don ’ t have much cracks or.... In Asian recipes and is known for its nutrients and health benefits ‘ Renkon,! Trauma inside and outside salty, pairing well with a bowl with cold water and splash of wash. Pepper Powder ; Scallion, stalk Scallion only ; ginger, white pepper, you., then rinse under cold water and splash of … wash and dry it facilitates... ( eg the recipe CARD at the END into a delicious dish this condiment makes... The recipe developer and photographer behind red House Spice, a food blog sharing delicious Chinese recipes the... This process is called Duan Sheng/断生 meaning “ break the rawness ” consisting of fermented broad beans honey. Is black or has a wide range of health benefits about two weeks ( or the! Condiment used to make lotus root has a high medicinal value about this special vegetable and how to cook under...