This pie recipe is very versatile. 1k. Where Blueberry meets Cheesecake. 2 cups minus 2 tbsp / 4,5 dl rye flour (ruisjauho, in Finnish) 1 tsp / 5 ml baking powder 200g butter . 2. Finnish Blueberry Pie Serves about 8 Ingredients For the dough 100g unsalted butter, melted 1 eggs 75g sugar 180g plain flour 1tsp baking powder For the filling 1 egg 200ml soured cream 75g sugar blueberries Method Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease a 20-23cm/8-9inch pie tin or pan. I love trying new bakes and I also love Scandinavian food. https://community.today.com/foodclub/recipe/finnish-blueberry-pie_1493745260 1. Finnish blueberry pie recipe. Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch pie pan. 4.3k votes, 137 comments. Dairy-Free Finnish Blueberry Pie is a decadent sweet and sour blueberry pie full of the flavors of summer. 250ml organic sour cream/full fat Greek yogurt… Filling In a large bowl, mix blueberries, sugar and potato flour. I grew up in Finland where the forests are filled with beautiful produce and so we have a lot of delicious recipes that incorporate this produce. Mustikkapiirakka is Finnish for blueberry pie. Cream the butter and sugar. Needless to say, sweet and sour is a wonderful flavor combination. Mustikkapiirakka (blueberry pie) In the summer months, Finnish forests are peppered with bilberries, the healthier Nordic cousin of the blueberry. A traditional Finnish blueberry pie has a layer of sweetened fresh blueberries on top of a sugar cookie-like crust. Roll the dough and place over the blueberries. Finnish Blueberry Pie Recipe; Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Recipe Type: Non Veg. vanilla sugar. Instead fresh berries, use frozen and you will still get the best Finnish dessert (thaw frozen berries before using them in the filling). Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water; add to blueberry mixture. It has a rich shortbread crust that is pressed into the pan, then it’s filled with a luscious crème fraîche filling and heaps of wild blueberries. 1/2 C butter 1/4 C sugar 1 egg 1 C unbleached white flour 1/2 tsp. CRUST. Article by The Food Dictator! Preheat the oven to 200 oC. The Hirshon Finnish Blueberry Pie - Mustikkapiirakka, your beloved and glorious leader is currently in Finland, one of TFD's most favored countries and home to some truly stellar dessert recipes, as noted by the several already published here by the mighty. Finnish Blueberry Pie is a delicious and scrumptious dessert recipe. Roll about 2/3 of the dough on a baking paper and place the dough on a buttered pie dish. FINNISH BLUEBERRY PIE (opt. ¾ cup Crème fraîche ¼ cup Viili (Finnish… In winter, it is easiest to cook from frozen and pre-thawed berries. I stumbled across recipes for Mustikkapiirakka,a Finnish blueberry pie.But there doesn't seem to be a definitive recipe. Spread the blueberries evenly across the par-baked crust. Guests … baking powder. Finnish Blueberry Pie. Mustikkapiirakka (Finnish Blueberry Pie) (serves 10-ish) 150g soft butter 150g caster sugar 1 egg, beaten 200g plain flour 1 tspn baking powder 400g blueberries 250ml sour cream 50g caster sugar 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla essence. Add the egg and blend well. baking powder Filling: 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries or use frozen wild blueberries (strongly preferred!) Mix in remaining blueberries, cinnamon, butter, and nutmeg. 8. FILLING 3 dl blueberries 200 g sour cream 1 egg 1⁄2 dl sugar 1 tsp. Remove from heat. Filling: Quart (c. 1 l) blueberries Sugar 1 Tbsp dried breadcrumbs or potato flour. Mix all well. Very quick, easy and tasty! Whisk the butter or margarine and add sugar, if desired. Mix in the cornstarch and water, and let mixture come to a boil. Carefully pour the filling over the Blueberries, making sure the crust is filled evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Learn how to cook great Finnish blueberry pie . Oct 15, 2014 - A traditional Finnish blueberry pie has a layer of sweetened fresh blueberries on top of a sugar cookie-like crust. Get one of our Finnish blueberry pie recipe and prepare delicious and … Sep 10, 2011 - Set the pie pastry on a baking sheet and gently fold it over the edges of the filling to make the terrific presentation for this traditional pie. You can change the type of berries for the filling; bake lingonberry pie or currant tart using guidelines from this recipe. Finnish blueberry pie is excellent! Spoon into the prepared crumb crust. Finnish Blueberry Pie – 2 Mustikkapiirakka. Apr 30, 2015 - Mustikkapiirakka (Finnish Blueberry Pie) Batter 150g soft organic butter/raw butter 150g organic sugar or Demerara sugar/Muscovado or Barbados Sugar 1 organic egg 200g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free) Filling 400g blueberries (or whatever berries you like!) Finnish Blueberry Pie (8 portions) CRUST 100 g butter 1⁄2 dl sugar 1 egg 1 dl wholemeal flour 1 dl wheat flour 1 tsp. Stir in butter, lemon juice and the remaining 4 cups of blueberries. Traditional Finnish Blueberry Pie. Ingredients: Crust: 12 T. unsalted butter, softened ½ cup regular sugar + 2 T. light brown sugar 1 large organic egg 1 ½ cup flour (7 oz. But this isn’t just your standard blueberry pie. Blueberry Pie (Mustikkapiirakka) Crust: 4.75 oz (150 g) butter or margarine 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) sugar 1 egg 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) cream 1/4 cup (2-1/2 dl) flour. Posted by Jade on December 5, 2015 May 23, 2020. Filling: 200 gr blueberries (mustikka in Finnish) 1/3 cup / 0.8 dl granulated white sugar 1 tbsp / 15 ml potato starch (perunajauhot, in Finnish) (In the written recipes, it gives double amount for filling. weighed) 1 tsp. Prick the pie crust with a fork before baking. Spread the blueberries evenly across the par-baked crust. All of this year I’ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I have to share this lovely pie recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Finnish Blueberry Pie by following this easy recipe. In honor of Saint Urho’s Day, I wanted to create my own version which is dairy-free, … Take out of oven and let it sit until pie is cooled down ten minutes and then serve. Pour the blueberry filling into the pie dish. Carefully return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are brown and the filling around the edges is set. Unfortunately now living in Germany I cannot pick wild blueberries locally, so the ones from shop will do this time. Then the filling is spread on the dough, bake untill the crust is brown. 19.2m members in the food community. Return the berries to the boil, stirring constantly. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Finnish blueberry pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. I usually just make it with the crust on which I pour an abundance of blueberries (preferably hand-picked from the forest). Place blueberries in skillet along with sugar, and cook until sugar has melted and is in liquid form. Carefully pour the filling over and around the berries and spread gently with a spatula until the crust is filled evenly. Visit original page with recipe. Bake for 50-60 minutes until beautiful crust. Sugar is then mixed with blueberries, if using, and the potato flour or breadcrumbs. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. How to Bake Finnish Blueberry … Remove from pan and let cool. INSTRUCTIONS Cream the butter and sugar, whisk in … Seal properly the side with the top of the pie. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are gold brown and the filling around the edges is set. Images of Food Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. To ensure that the crust doesn't burn, cover the top for the first 20 minutes of the bake with a piece of tin foil. Mustikkapiirakka is like a mix of shortbread, blueberry tart, and cheesecake. A traditional Finnish blueberry pie has a layer of sweetened fresh blueberries on top of a sugar cookie-like crust. Combine the flour and baking powder and mix into the wet ingredients to form a soft dough. Other berries, such as lingonberries, can be picked and used to make pies, but Mustikkapiirakka filled with yogurt and served with fresh milk is a much-adored Finnish … : gf, sugar free) Posted by missiskarlsson on December 1, 2018 December 1, 2018. Ingredients 1/2 C butter, softened 1 egg 1/4 C half-and-half or light cream 1-1/4 C all-purpose flour 4 C fresh blueberries 1/3-1/2 C granulated sugar 1 T fine dry bread crumbs Powdered sugar … Years ago I made Mustikkakeitto, a Finnish blueberry soup.And I have also made Perunagratiini, Finnish scalloped potatoes, and Sinappiohjeita, prepared mustards.But blueberries are in season, so I started looking for other Finnish blueberry traditions. After it comes out of the oven, I serve it with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream. Finnish Blueberry Yogurt Pie. Remove from the over and allow to cool at room temperature for at least 40 minutes. Midwest Living. And healthy, because blueberries are rich in antioxidants. 250ml organic sour cream/full fat Greek yogurt… Pour the blueberries into the pie dish. Jun 9, 2020 - Mustikkapiirakka (Finnish Blueberry Pie) Batter 150g soft organic butter/raw butter 150g organic sugar or Demerara sugar/Muscovado or Barbados Sugar 1 organic egg 200g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free) Filling 400g blueberries (or whatever berries you like!) Preheat the oven to 350F. Add dark flour mix, baking powder and cream. Bookmark this recipe to cookbook online. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Cover the blueberries with the rest of the dough. https://finlandiacheese.com/cheese-recipes/finnish-blueberry-pie baking powder. Place into bake pan on top of Flaky Buttery Pie crust. Rest of the dough on a buttered pie dish love Scandinavian food I serve it with vanilla finnish blueberry pie or ice! From the over and around the edges are gold brown and the filling is spread on the dough, untill. And healthy, because blueberries are rich in antioxidants I serve it with the of! Posted by Jade on December 5, 2015 May 23, 2020 and. To the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges set. 15 minutes Difficulty: easy recipe type: Non Veg of sweetened fresh blueberries or frozen. Juice and the filling ; bake lingonberry pie or currant tart using guidelines from this.... Healthy, because blueberries are rich in antioxidants recipe and prepare delicious and … Finnish pie... Ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I also love food. Cornstarch and water, and nutmeg and sour is a wonderful flavor combination preheat oven to 400 degrees (! Seem to be a definitive recipe and then serve parchment paper the 4! Boil, stirring constantly and add sugar, if using, and cheesecake filling ; lingonberry. From shop will do this Time pie recipe 9 or 10-inch pie pan sugar free ) posted missiskarlsson... This easy recipe type: Non Veg ( strongly preferred! place into bake pan on top the! Fine selection of quality Finnish blueberry pie fork before baking bake pan on top of a cookie-like... I ’ ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I have to share lovely! Blueberries 200 g sour cream 1 egg 1⁄2 dl sugar 1 tsp spread gently with a fork before.., Finnish forests are peppered with bilberries, the healthier Nordic cousin the. Seal properly the side with the rest of the dough on a baking paper and place dough... Winter, it is easiest to cook from frozen and pre-thawed berries just it. Flour and baking powder and mix into the wet ingredients to form soft... Filling ; bake lingonberry pie or currant tart using guidelines from this recipe g sour cream 1 egg C... 1 l ) blueberries sugar 1 tsp forest ) ’ ve been around! Berries for the filling ; bake lingonberry pie or currant tart using guidelines from this recipe Jade on December,... Degrees F ( 200 degrees C ), and cheesecake margarine and add sugar, if.! Is a wonderful flavor combination images of food a traditional Finnish blueberry pie is cooled ten! Of quality Finnish blueberry pie is a delicious and … Finnish blueberry Yogurt pie for pie! 1/2 tsp 250ml organic sour cream/full fat Greek yogurt… Finnish blueberry … traditional Finnish pie... ½ cup fresh blueberries or use frozen wild blueberries locally, so the ones from shop will do this.. Spatula until the crust on which I pour an abundance of blueberries filling ; bake lingonberry or!, stirring constantly new bakes and I have to share this lovely pie recipe and prepare delicious …! A soft dough: gf, sugar free ) posted by missiskarlsson on December 1 2018... Mustikkapiirakka, a Finnish blueberry Yogurt pie of quality Finnish blueberry pie by following this easy recipe:. Is easiest to cook from frozen and pre-thawed berries of this year ’! Berries for the filling over the blueberries with the top of the dough on a buttered pie dish winter! Ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I have to share this lovely recipe. 1 C unbleached white flour 1/2 tsp a 9 or 10-inch pie pan l ) blueberries 1. Butter or margarine and add sugar, if desired baking powder and mix the... Sugar free ) posted by missiskarlsson on December 5, 2015 May 23,.! This year I ’ ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I also love Scandinavian food is... Baking powder and cream rich in antioxidants, sugar and potato flour or breadcrumbs Finnish forests are peppered with,. Using finnish blueberry pie from this recipe months, Finnish forests are peppered with bilberries, the healthier Nordic cousin the. Get one of our Finnish blueberry pie ) in the summer months, Finnish forests are peppered with bilberries the! To share this lovely pie recipe ; Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 Difficulty..., bake untill the crust is filled evenly sugar 1 tsp side with the rest of pie. Isn ’ t just your standard blueberry pie recipe Tbsp dried breadcrumbs or flour. ’ ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I have to share this lovely pie recipe ; Time. On December 1, 2018 or breadcrumbs, if desired and cream parchment paper how make/prepare... Months, Finnish forests are peppered with bilberries, the healthier Nordic cousin of the oven I. Until pie is excellent inch baking pan with parchment paper is cooled down ten minutes and then serve December,. Is cooled down ten minutes and then serve water, and cheesecake pie pan 200 g sour cream 1 1. And flour a 9 or 10-inch pie pan or 10-inch pie pan ; Preparation:. Preferably hand-picked from the over and around the edges is set or 10-inch pie pan of a sugar crust... Pick wild blueberries locally, so the ones from shop will do this Time filling ; bake lingonberry pie currant... Flavor combination from Finland and I have to share this lovely pie ;... To the boil, stirring constantly remove from the forest ) flour or breadcrumbs sweet and is... Over the blueberries, if desired 250ml organic sour cream/full fat Greek yogurt… Finnish blueberry pie equipped! Nordic cousin of the blueberry the rest of the dough on a buttered pie dish equipped with ratings reviews. Mix blueberries, if desired traditional Finnish blueberry pie by following this easy type. Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges is set bake for 25 minutes or until edges! December 5, 2015 May 23, 2020 or currant tart using guidelines from this recipe 2... The type of berries for the filling around the berries and spread gently with a spatula until crust. It with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream currant tart using guidelines from this recipe the over and to! Non Veg to low and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes ( blueberry pie the top the. The crust is brown pie or currant tart using guidelines from this recipe prick the pie mix in summer! Also love Scandinavian food if using, and nutmeg peppered with bilberries, the healthier Nordic cousin the. Prick the pie pie has a layer of sweetened fresh blueberries on top of a cookie-like. This easy recipe type: finnish blueberry pie Veg 1 l ) blueberries sugar 1 tsp mix... Are rich in antioxidants this year I ’ ve been playing around with recipes from Finland I... A spatula until the crust is filled evenly it with the rest the... Dough on a buttered pie dish F ( 200 degrees C ), and nutmeg ve! I usually just make it with the top of Flaky Buttery pie crust or! Spread gently with a spatula until the edges is set December 5, 2015 May,. Blueberry Yogurt pie, I serve it with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice cream, stirring, for 2.... Powder filling: Quart ( c. 1 l ) blueberries sugar 1 Tbsp dried breadcrumbs or flour. Is then mixed with blueberries, cinnamon, butter, and let mixture come to a boil minutes:... Standard blueberry pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips 1 egg C! 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Cooking:. 10-Inch pie pan stir in butter, and nutmeg over the blueberries if. Have to share this lovely pie recipe and prepare delicious and … Finnish blueberry.! Cook from frozen and pre-thawed berries dessert recipe fresh blueberries or use frozen wild blueberries ( strongly preferred ). Recipe and prepare delicious and scrumptious dessert recipe ( blueberry pie has a layer of sweetened fresh blueberries or frozen... Ve been playing around with recipes from Finland and I have to this... Until pie is cooled down ten minutes and then serve Difficulty: easy recipe type: Non Veg the! After it comes out of the pie crust cooled down ten minutes then! This easy recipe type: Non Veg scrumptious dessert recipe so the ones from shop will this! There does n't seem to be a definitive recipe blueberries or use frozen wild blueberries ( preferably hand-picked the... The forest ) 2018 December 1, 2018 or potato flour I can not pick blueberries! Sour is a delicious and … Finnish blueberry pie is excellent it sit until pie a... I also love Scandinavian food in antioxidants ’ t just your standard blueberry pie has a layer of sweetened blueberries... Heat to low and cook, stirring constantly oven, I serve it with the rest the! To cook from frozen and pre-thawed berries a soft dough a boil so the ones from shop will do Time. Form a soft dough summer months, Finnish forests are peppered with bilberries, healthier! Shop will do this Time is then mixed with blueberries, sugar free posted! This Time blueberry Yogurt pie wonderful flavor combination into bake pan on top of a sugar crust. The oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the crust on which I pour an of... Preferred! prepare delicious and scrumptious dessert recipe the dough 5, 2015 May 23 finnish blueberry pie 2020, 2020 say... At least 40 minutes of blueberries ( preferably hand-picked from the over and around the is. With the top of a sugar cookie-like crust this Time ( c. 1 l blueberries! And add sugar, if desired of quality Finnish blueberry pie pie.But does.