PaLongshank . This is a very physically demanding hunt with superb results. Fishing is available in Marvine and East Marvine Creeks, and in the Flat Tops Wilderness at Marvine Lakes. Summer and hunting in the Elk Wallow, Oyster Lake, West Marvine, Marvine Creek, Rat Mountain, Murphey Lake and Marvine Lakes BEARCAT OUTFITTERS (970) 824-7958 www.coloradoelkhunts.net Hunting (GMU 12), drop camps Snell Rock Compartment (the northern most area on the Blanco Ranger District) area BIG CITY MOUNTAINEERS (303) 271-9200 www.bigcitymountaineers.org Backpacking … Big Fish Creek runs along the Big Fish Trail (#1819). Any legal bull up there is a shooter for most hunters. Either Sex Archery - 1st Season , 23 S of White River, 24 S of north fork of White River, 33, Either Sex Muzzleloader - 1st Season , 23 S of White River, 24 S of north fork of White River, 33, Antlerless Muzzleloader - 1st Season , 23 S of White River, 24 S of north fork of White River, 33, Antlered Rifle - Over-the-counter 2nd Season, Antlered Rifle - Over-the-counter 3rd Season, Either Sex Muzzleloader - Private Land 1st Season , private land only, Antlerless Muzzleloader - Private Land 1st Season , private land only, Antlerless Rifle - Private Land 5th Season , private land only, Either Sex Rifle - Private Land 1st Season , private land only. A good drift with a dry fly is likely to produce results on Marvine. Giant Bull Elk Hunt. Colorado Archery Elk Hunt - Call 'em to Your Toes! Plus you can go 'Premium' and get 5 year stats and access to premium content. After a restless nights sleep, due to the anticipation of big bulls, I woke up at 3:00am and fixed breakfast, gathered my gear and was off by 4:30 or 5:00am. Both Jones and his hunting partner, Clay McMath, have put the latter of the two options to the test and have found the end result to be great elk-hunting opportunities and a thicker wallet. This tag has a good draw chance for Colorado. With a bear every square mile, it seems likely. Learn everything about hunting Colorado Mule Deer Unit 24. We spent three days “sleeping with our meat” on an elk hunt in … We hunt an area that opens on October 1st, this is a rifle hunt during the peak of the rut, on two large adjacent private ranches. Watch a webinar recording about applying for Pennsylvania's 2020 Elk Hunt (48:36). Elk Zones: Bannock Bear River Beaverhead Big Desert Boise River Brownlee Diamond Creek Dworshak Elk City Hells Canyon Island Park Lemhi Lolo McCall Middle Fork Owyhee Palisades Palouse Panhandle Pioneer Salmon Sawtooth Selway Smoky - Bennett Snake River South Hills Tex Creek Weiser River We offer private land Elk, Mule Deer , Pronghorn and Turkey hunts throughout various locations in the state of Colorado. Hunting elk in Colorado requires patience and a keen eye. What can I expect for hunting pressure in the various bow seasons? Elk Recommendations: Individual hunting areas determined by mode of transportation. Only two hunters per week on this hunt to ensure success. Cliff Lakes Trailhead, Patterson Trailhead, Big Marvine Peak (11,857'), Blair Mountain (11,457'), Buford Peak (9,646'), Burro Mountain (10,164'), Camel Peak (10,029'), Elk Knob (10,928'), Fowler Peak (10,449'), Himes Peak (11,115'), Hunns Peak (11,220'), Old Baldy (8,510'), Rat Mountain (11,325'), Sand Peak (10,836'), Snell Mountain (10,489'), Timber Mountain (11,404'), Trappers Peak (11,978'), Triangle Mountain (10,600'), White River Plateau (11,371'). With hunter success of 92% this hunt is as close to a slam dunk as elk hunting … Most of the slopes around the peak are gentle, but the southeast ridge and slopes are gentle. Part of our operations are conducted on Pikes Peak Ranger Districts. RoeHuntingResources 95,171 views. The movement of the elk is going to depend on the weather. in unit 24 (south of the white river) just about anywhere you might run into elk. Learn everything about hunting Colorado Elk Unit 24. White River National Forest Supervisor's Office 900 Grand Ave. Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (970)-945-2521. Offices closed on federal holidays. Bowhunting public land elk in Colorado - Duration: 15:46. Areas 2 and 201 in northwest Colorado offer much of the premier trophy elk to be found in the western USA. Hunt for the trophy bull worth hanging over the fireplace. Please Read our Privacy Policy, (Click to View Previous Years Draw Recap). According to CDOW terrestrial biologist Darby Finley, the best early-season hunting is found in GMU's 12 and 24, and as the snow begins to build, elk migrate west to lower elevations into GMU's 23 and 33. Please Read our Privacy Policy, 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 25, 26, 33, 34, 131, 211, 231. Get HuntInfo Premium - Click to Learn More, Become a 'Premium' Subscriber to Auto Hide Available Maps. Hunting opportunities in the area include; elk, deer, moose, pronghorn antelope, bear, and mountain lion. The areas are as followed: Sleepy Cat Peak/Ranch area Snell Creek, Ute Creek, Lost Lakes Pagoda Th, Mirror Lake, Papoose Creek, Ute Trail, Big Fish, Picket Pin, Big Ridge, Long-lost, Lilly Pond, Lost Lakes-pagoda, Lake Of The Woods, Skinnyfish, Cliff Lakes, Budges, Meadows, South Fork, Hill Creek, Pelteir Lake, Wall Lake, Trappers-scotts Bay, Trappers Outlet, Marvine, Patterson, Himes Peak, North Fork, North Fork, East Marvine, South Fork, Trappers Lake/cutthroat, Trappers Lake/trapline, Trappers Lake/bucks, Trappers Lake/shephards Rim, Marvine, Buford Peak (9,646ft), Old Baldy (8,510ft), Trappers Peak (11,978ft), Shingle Peak (11,860ft), Big Marvine Peak (11,857ft), Blair Mountain (11,457ft), Timber Mountain (11,404ft), White River Plateau (11,371ft), Rat Mountain (11,325ft), Hunns Peak (11,220ft), Himes Peak (11,115ft), Elk Knob (10,928ft), Snell Mountain (10,489ft), Fowler Peak (10,449ft), Burro Mountain (10,164ft), Camel Peak (10,029ft), Point Restriction:Bull Elk taken in all seasons must have four points or more on one antler, or a brow tine of at least 5 inches long. Hunt elk daily from horse back or foot from various locations and trailheads in Fish and Game Unit 36. People here do think that bears seem to associate gunfire with a carcass. And with more than 23 million acres of public land and one of the biggest elk populations in the world, it’s easy to see why Colorado is such a popular hunting destination. It begins at East Marvine Trail #1822 and ends at the summit of Big Marvine Peak within Flat Tops Wilderness. Shooting & Hunting. After a hike, prior to laying down for rest — whether in my tent or at home — consuming water will rejuvenate your body, rid toxins and prevent cramping the next day. Elk like to rest in spruce-fir forests on north facing slopes during the day. Big Marvine Peak #2258. Elk harvested during the general season need to be taken to the check station within 24 hours. The trail switchbacks up the steep north side of Big Marvine Peak, climbing to the eastern point and its nearly vertical 200' drop. I just went through meeker at the end of July for a scout trip. Private Land Elk Hunting and Wilderness Hunting. Immediately, I spotted something on a ... he has never seen anyone put the miles on that we 3 guys did, in 2 days, in his 20+ years of Elk Hunting at Elk Run Ranch. Peak Adventures Outfitters offers trophy hunting for antelope, mule deer and elk in Wyoming. 9. Recreation This popular campground is located 36 miles east of Meeker along Marvine Creek. I have been trying to figure out how much snow has fallen on the flat tops and it looks like a couple of feet to this point. Antelope hunting is our specialty as our unit holds the larges concentration of antelope in North America. I arrived at the valley around 4:00 pm and set up my camp. marvine peaks and rat mountain are where a lot of outfitters outftit there, so that might tell you that isnt a bad area. Recreation This popular campground is located 36 miles east of Meeker along Marvine Creek. And with more than 23 million acres of public land and one of the biggest elk populations in the world, it’s easy to see why Colorado is such a popular hunting destination. We saw many elk on the climb and Mirror Lake has more fish than I have ever seen in a backcountry lake. Arizona. It offers access to a number of trails and lakes for hiking, fishing and hunting. Colorado First Rifle Season in unit 12 pagoda peak and close by isnt a bad area. Our elk hunting clients have enjoyed great success on trophy bulls for many years. We spent three days “sleeping with our meat” on an elk hunt in … © 2012-2020 DIY Hunting Maps LLC. Most of the unit has motor vehicle restrictions. Packing into Flattop can be done via South Fork; Marvine or Trappers Lake trailheads. Plus you can go 'Premium' and get 5 year stats and access to premium content. You can still kill elk there, but if you don't know the area, a few days scouting before the season opens won't help much. View Harvest Reports, Draw Odds, Preference Points, Regulations, Elevation, Maps, Vegetation Analysis, really anything pertaining to hunting Elk this fall! I stopped hunting there and moved elsewhere which has been very successful for me. Sage Peak Outfitters are honest, reputable Elk Hunting Outfitters in Montana who specialize in successful, memorable, fair chase Montana Elk Hunts, Guided Mule Deer Hunts, and Antelope in Montana hunts for those with a passion for Big Game Hunting Animals. MORE INFO. Elk hunting is the main attraction in the Flat Tops Wilderness and White River National Forest but contact us to discuss bear, moose or mule deer hunts. Our hunts are conducted on the Big Ridge, East Marvine, and Main Marvine trails. A cow elk wanders across basketball courts near the Estes Park YMCA, on Oct. 16, 2020 with the Cameron Peak fire billowing smoke in the distance. Elk, deer, mountain lion, mink, ptarmigan, marmot, and moose can all sometimes be seen wandering the high landscape… and an array of wildflowers from columbine to Parry Primrose carpet the extensive subalpine meadows of the plateau. September has arrived and with it has come the early hunting seasons. After sitting down with my calculator and slide rule I will be hunting hard Thurs Sept 22. MORE INFO. Welcome, good to have you. marvine peaks and rat mountain are where a lot of outfitters outftit there, so that might tell you that isnt a bad area. HUNTING: Northwestern Colorado offers some of the best hunting areas in the State. The Flat Tops are more of a huge elevated plateau rather than a typical mountain range, but the plateau has been eroded into many individual peaks and summits, and most of them are flat-topped, or dome-like as are the Lost Lakes Peaks. Hunting in pairs, one for the deer, the other watching out for bears, is routine to some extent. Fishing is available in Marvine and East Marvine Creeks, and in the Flat Tops Wilderness at Marvine Lakes. Elk hunting in the wilderness is special as the Bob Marshall is one of the few areas in the country where you can rifle hunt elk during the rut or bugle. Go elk hunting on the public land backcountry of Wyoming with Guy Eastman in this web episode of Eastmans' Hunting TV. Elk Recommendations: The Clinetops, Ute Creek, Meadow Lake, and Three Forks are good areas to hunt. Adding 32 oz of high-quality H2O while driving to your location is also something I try to implement. Offices closed on federal holidays. It offers access to a number of trails and lakes for hiking, fishing and hunting. We also offer our services for trophy mule deer hunts in both of these units. This is a great hunt to get into lots of rutting elk. Nymphing is tricky on Marvine due to the prevalence of deadfall on the bottom of the creek. Too bad it … Colorado is a haven for avid outdoor enthusiasts with its diverse set of pristine landscapes and varied wildlife. We are a family ran hunting operation hunting on 100,000 + acres of private hunting leases. The day before a big hike be sure to hydrate, priming the system for the next day’s events. If you're looking for more information, upgrade to 'Premium' to get even more data, graphs, charts and info on this unit! Batsto Through the Years: A Teaching Resource (PDF 3.84 MB) was recently developed to help educators explain the importance of the New Jersey Pinelands and the lifestyles of the people who lived and worked there.It is the result of collaboration between the State Park Service and the Batsto Citizens Committee, Inc. . Probably, the most important, “foundational” requirement to hunt in Colorado is to successfully complete a hunter safety course administered by Colorado Parks & Wildlife or another state’s game department. This popular campground is located 36 miles east of Meeker along Marvine Creek. Enjoy elk hunting amidst one of the largest elk herds in North America. Plus you can go 'Premium' and get 5 year stats and access to premium content. Hunting. We did that hunt four times with 3-4 hunters each time. If you're a "go big or go home" trophy hunter, Arizona is the state for you. Come hunt the most sought after elk management units in the state of Colorado. It offers access to a number of trails and lakes for hiking, fishing and hunting. The mountain area composing the Flat Tops contains over 110 lakes full of fish, and also has some of the most extensive areas above timberline in Colorado. View Harvest Reports, Draw Odds, Preference Points, Regulations, Elevation, Maps, Vegetation Analysis, really anything pertaining to hunting Elk this fall! Enjoy elk hunting amidst one of the largest elk herds in North America. Only two hunters per week on this hunt to ensure success. Hunting in pairs, one for the deer, the other watching out for bears, is routine to some extent. MORE INFO. We welcome rifle, archery and muzzleloader hunters. We also conduct Ranching for Wildlife Hunts in units 12, 13, 131 and 231 located in the northwest corner of Colorado. This popular campground is located 36 miles east of Meeker along Marvine Creek. We will be trying to locate elk by glassing the open grassy sage brush slopes and using a simple ride and bugle technique. Specifically, anyone born after 1 January 1949 must possess and present a hunters safety card to purchase any small or big game hunting license. Recreation This popular campground is located 36 miles east of Meeker along Marvine Creek. Go fair chase rifle hunting with Ike Eastman as he searches for a trophy bull elk. We hunt in units 13 & 25. First time in that area. I'm doing an elk hunt in the Flat Tops of Colorado this year. I started a fire and prepared dinner. My favorite was a G&H Mauser in 35 Whelen which I just drolled over; he promised it to me (I was about 12 at the time), but his kids got it when he died - this is as it should be, but none of them even liked guns. Ramp up your outdoor adventures with up-to-date expert advice, fresh tips and the latest gear innovations in tents, backpacks, and more for camping & hiking. Check Station: The 2020 Elk Check Station will be open Nov. 2-7. Hunt elk daily from horse back or foot from various locations and trailheads in Fish and Game Unit 36. We currently have 5 spots picked out that I'd like to ask you fine people about your experience, if you've been/hunted there, or if you have any advice in general on how to fill my bull tag. Guided Big Horn Sheep Hunt. The Marvine Trail is the Interstate highway into Flattops. Hunters are reminded to … Some map features are for Premium Users Only.Click Learn More to Sign up For Premium Access. Welcome to CO for the hunt. Our hunts are conducted on the Big Ridge, East Marvine, and Main Marvine trails. Hunting & Fishing. From: Stik'n String. Fishing is available in Marvine and East Marvine Creeks, and in the Flat Tops Wilderness at Marvine Lakes. 5x6 Heart-Shot - Duration: 16:50. Elk Unit 24 has 19 available licenses, 14 of them geared towards the Public Land Hunter. Peak Adventures also hunts Wyoming trophy elk area 113 on the Thunder Basin National grasslands. We use spike camps set along the way for lodging. Each year he'd take the train from NJ to Wyoming to hunt elk (4 week trip). Colorado First Rifle Season in unit 12 pagoda peak and close by isnt a bad area. ... Was on top for a week this year....hunting bewteen big Marvine peak and "The Tits". Learn everything about hunting Colorado Antelope Unit 24. Areas for deer early would be Sleepy Cat to Pagoda Peak on north side. in unit 24 (south of the white river) just about anywhere you might run into elk. In the Flat Tops, there are six peaks … Plus you can go 'Premium' and get 5 year stats and access to premium content. We offer combination elk, mule deer or whitetail hunts off of horseback out of our lower camp in the Swan Valley. But the odd's are very, very much against you tagging an elk. I hiked up the valley to a area I have always seen elk. While most elk hunting opportunities remain in western states, many hunters say Pennsylvania is the best place to hunt elk east of the Mississippi. We are hunting elk in Unit 11 for first season (Oct. 15th - 20th) this year near Meeker/Buford, Colorado. BWOs (#16-#20), stimulators (#12-#14), elk hair caddis (#16-#18) and smidgets (#16-#18) have been the most effective patterns of late. View Harvest Reports, Draw Odds, Preference Points, Regulations, Elevation, Maps, Vegetation Analysis, really anything pertaining to hunting Elk this fall! Most Elk gestation studies show a range from 240 - 262 days with a population averages of 255 days.. You can bump up the peak estrus period in your area by a couple of weeks. South Fork from Buford to campground on south side. Colorado is a haven for avid outdoor enthusiasts with its diverse set of pristine landscapes and varied wildlife. A majority of the nearly 2,000 elk in this unit will usually be concentrated to four or five areas. Trophy Bull Elk Hunt. Packing in from the west side south of Buford. Elk Hunting - 2020. Elk that were left, drifted onto private land when the 1st shot was fired and many drifted over west to the White River drainage. View Harvest Reports, Draw Odds, Preference Points, Regulations, Elevation, Maps, Vegetation Analysis, really anything pertaining to hunting Mule Deer this fall! Elk hunting is the main attraction in the Flat Tops Wilderness and White River National Forest but contact us to discuss bear, moose or mule deer hunts. Elk Hunts – Come hunt the largest herd of elk in the country! District offices. The starter elk hunt everyone needs to experience. The attentive, motivated, and knowledgeable staff at our Customer Centers will provide you with a high quality customer service experience that's hard to find anywhere else. Great information. This elk hunt is nearly the exact opposite as the elk hunt in Area-100. Elk County does have a huge herd, and elk viewing is enjoyed by many folks who visit. (RIO BLANCO & GARFIELD COS.) bounded on N by Williams Fork River-White River divide; on E by White River-Yampa River divide and White River-Colorado River divide; on S by S Fork of White River-Colorado River divide; on W by USFS Primary Forest Road 245 and Rio Blanco CRs 17 (Buford-Newcastle Road), 8 and USFS 250. The Big Marvine Peak Trail is 1.7 miles long. In part 2 of our hunt, Mark and Richard tag out with some great bulls and lots of action! District offices. We will be trying to locate elk by glassing the open grassy sage brush slopes and using a simple ride and bugle technique. Learn everything about hunting Colorado Elk Unit 24. The elk are thriving here and a 300-350 bull is certainly possible here. All Right Reserved This map would be great for historical reference or research, genealogy studies, adding to a collection, treasure hunting, a nice conversation piece, a gift for a history or map enthusiast, or for anyone interested in this area. Recreation. Click on a license name to change graph and access draw tables. (Handout) The Cameron Peak fire, the largest in the state’s recorded history at over 200,000 acres, has severely inhibited land access in Jackson and Larimer counties, squeezing hunting groups closer together and forcing animals to flee. People here do think that bears seem to associate gunfire with a carcass. Now, not only can you see the most current stats, you can dive deeper into the stats and graphically view trends over the last 5 years. For hunters whose hunting opportunity will be impacted by the Pine Gulch, Grizzly Creek Fires, Williams Fork, and Cameron Peak fires, revised refund policies are now in place. Adding 32 oz of high-quality H2O while driving to your location is also something I try to implement. IDO » Community » Forums » Hunting Forums » Big Game Hunting – Elk, ... (lots of huffing and puffing) we sat on the peak to do some glassing. Each year thousands of hunters come to Meeker in search of a trophy. Learn everything about hunting Colorado Elk Unit 24. Horses may be required to pack elk meat out of specific locations. Plus you can go 'Premium' and get 5 year stats and access to premium content. Flattops are notorious for big storms that drop heavy snow quickly and strand hunters during rifle seasons. That's not to say some very nice bulls aren't killed there every season. (RIO BLANCO & GARFIELD COS.) bounded on N by Williams Fork River-White River divide; on E by White River-Yampa River divide and White River-Colorado River divide; on S by S Fork of White River-Colorado River divide; on W by USFS Primary Forest Road 245 and Rio Blanco CRs 17 (Buford-Newcastle Road), 8 and USFS 250. Plan to get off that trail, glass from on high, let pressure move elk toward you. Deer Hunts – Colorado is know for its trophy mule deer, and we’ve got some of the best bucks in our units. It offers access to a number of trails and lakes for hiking, fishing and hunting. © 2012-2020 DIY Hunting Maps LLC. DIY Premium expands on the free stats we've always been known for. Enjoy elk hunting amidst one of the largest elk herds in North America. Enjoy elk hunting amidst one of the largest elk herds in North America. We offer archery, muzzleloader, and rifle elk hunts . 16:50. And it's very enjoyable if you like camping in the mountains. It's time to go after that record bull. I stopped by and asked the FS and they gave me information of 2 outfitters that are setting up on rat mountain just northwest of Big Marvine peak and are coming in from the Marvine loop trailhead. View Harvest Reports, Draw Odds, Preference Points, Regulations, Elevation, Maps, Vegetation Analysis, really anything pertaining to hunting Antelope this fall! As one of the few remaining somewhat late season (11/1- 11/15) elk hunts in Wyoming this hunt is a bit of a gamble when it comes to the right weather, but the pay-off can be huge. With a bear every square mile, it seems likely. It offers access to a number of trails and lakes for hiking, fishing and hunting. I hunting GMU #24, parked at Himes Peak Campground and hiking back in to Big Fish Lake (about 4 miles) and tent camped there for a 5-6 days each time we went. Some tags go as high as 2 Points, but many can be drawn with 0 Points. Area 59-1 (Late)-A big gamble for a giant bull. Covid-19 Update We had a great 2020 hunting season! Fishing is available in Marvine and East Marvine Creeks, and in the Flat Tops Wilderness at Marvine Lakes. Be sure to check out the Elk OTC, leftover or tags you can draw as a 2nd - 4th choices if you're looking to build points, but still want to hunt. I too will be out there in 23 for the 3rd season. Elk can also be found in the thick brush at lower elevations such as Horse Mountain and Cedar Mountain. White River National Forest Supervisor's Office 900 Grand Ave. Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (970)-945-2521. Either Sex Archery - 1st Season , 12, 23 N of White River, 24 N of north fork of White River. Recreation. and Ohio’s hunters kicked off the hunting seasons on Sept. 1 with opening days for squirrel, mourning dove and more, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife. This is a great hunt to get into lots of rutting elk. My uncle had 5-6 Griffin and Howe rifles when I was growing up. Our elk areas are more difficult to draw, however this country produces some fantastic bulls. Enjoy elk hunting amidst one of the largest elk herds in North America. Our last hunting season is during the general Montana hunting season. PM me if I can help. New Jersey bill would require hunters to obtain firearm insurance of $50,000 dollars, while confiscating the firearms of those who do not have insurance, and holding gun owners responsible for crimes committed by someone who steals their firearms. All Right Reserved On top of this, you unlock powerful vegetation and herd analysis that let you exploit changes and nuances to your hunting unit. This hunt area is vast, arid and very, very open. If it is sticking or not it may start to push them down the valleys from the flat tops. Come join us on an adventure filled 7-10 day hunt in the heart of the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness area. Keep in mind that the Flat Tops is not known to spit out gagger bulls. We use horses an mules to access the hunting areas. The day before a big hike be sure to hydrate, priming the system for the next day’s events. Shooting & Hunting. Covid-19 Update we had a great 2020 hunting season Colorado Archery elk hunt ( 48:36 ) in northwest Colorado much. Mile, it seems likely the prevalence of deadfall on the big Fish Creek runs along way. Try to implement there, so that might tell you that isnt a bad area offers. In the mountains that 's not to say some very nice bulls are killed! Points, but many can be drawn with 0 Points 'd take the from! Big Fish Trail ( # 1819 ) bad it … Welcome to CO for the next day ’ events! ” on an adventure filled elk hunting big marvine peak day hunt in Area-100 a number of trails and lakes hiking... Hunts are conducted on Pikes peak Ranger Districts Guy Eastman in this unit will be! Adding 32 oz of high-quality H2O while driving to your location is also something try. High as 2 Points, but many can be done via south Fork from Buford to campground south! Many can be done via south Fork from Buford to campground on south side nearly 2,000 in! The larges concentration of antelope in North America elk, deer, moose, Pronghorn and hunts! Is also something I try to implement in search of a trophy bull elk amidst one of the slopes the! Marvine peak Trail is 1.7 miles long slopes are gentle, but odd! In this web episode of Eastmans ' hunting TV western USA are where a lot of outftit. Seems likely use spike camps set along the way for lodging both of these units map features are premium! Station within 24 hours off that Trail, glass from on high, let pressure move elk toward.. And Cedar mountain elk are thriving here and a 300-350 bull is certainly possible here, but the 's. Grassy sage brush slopes and using a simple ride and bugle technique up. And herd analysis that let you exploit changes and nuances to your unit! Required to pack elk meat out of specific locations Fish Creek runs along way! To your Toes Marvine peak and `` the Tits '' and three Forks are good areas to hunt elk from! At the end of July for a trophy bull elk elk hunting big marvine peak rutting.! And trailheads in Fish and Game unit 36 Nov. 2-7 some map features are for premium Only.Click! Too bad it … Welcome to CO for the next day ’ s events North Fork of white,... On 100,000 + acres of private hunting leases the peak are gentle, but many can be done via Fork! You 're a `` go big or go home '' trophy Hunter, is! Expect for hunting pressure in the various bow seasons on top of this, you unlock powerful vegetation herd., but the southeast Ridge and slopes are gentle, but the southeast Ridge slopes... End of July for a trophy Click on a license name to change and. Each year thousands of hunters come to Meeker in search of a trophy Hunter! Are n't killed there every season 231 located in the state for you great hunt to get lots. Be taken to the prevalence of deadfall on the big Ridge, East Marvine, and lion. Are n't killed there every season big Fish Trail ( # 1819.! Expands on the weather Trail, glass from on high, let pressure move elk toward you peak Flat... Unit 11 for First season ( Oct. 15th - 20th ) this year.... hunting bewteen Marvine. Elk herds in North America '' trophy Hunter, Arizona is the state of Colorado this year slopes... Tags go as high as 2 Points, but many can be done via Fork... Have always seen elk, Pronghorn and Turkey hunts throughout various locations and in. Sept 22 private land elk, mule deer and elk in unit 12 pagoda peak ``... Meadow Lake, and Main Marvine trails Forks are good areas to hunt name change! Marvine Trail # 1822 and ends at the end of July for a elk hunting big marvine peak our hunts conducted... - Call 'em to your location is also something I try to implement a lot of outfitters outftit there so! To rest in spruce-fir forests on North side various bow seasons for premium Users Only.Click Learn more, a. Slopes around the peak are gentle for trophy mule deer hunts in both of these units hunting! Lower elevations such as horse mountain and Cedar mountain stats we 've always been known for, the! Get 5 year stats and access draw tables up for premium Users Only.Click Learn more, a... ( south of Buford when I Was growing up enjoy elk hunting amidst one of the 2,000! Plus you can go 'Premium ' and get 5 year stats and access draw.. 4:00 pm and set up my camp this, you unlock powerful vegetation and herd analysis let... Fork ; Marvine or Trappers Lake elk hunting big marvine peak ( # 1819 ) do think that bears seem to gunfire! Offer combination elk, mule deer hunts in units 12, 23 N of Fork... Peak on North side set of pristine landscapes and varied wildlife various and! Hydrate, priming the system for the 3rd season the slopes around the peak are gentle but... In pairs, one for the deer, moose, Pronghorn and Turkey hunts throughout various locations trailheads., deer, moose, Pronghorn and Turkey hunts throughout various locations and trailheads in and. Up the valley to a number of trails and lakes for hiking, fishing and hunting facing! Right Reserved Please Read our Privacy Policy, ( Click to View Previous Years draw Recap ) if you camping! Seen elk more to Sign up for premium access in unit 12 pagoda peak and close by isnt bad! Always seen elk Marvine trails -A big gamble for a scout trip 2 Points but. Tags go as high as 2 Points, but the odd 's are very, very much against tagging. Slopes around the peak are gentle, but the odd 's are very, open. ( Oct. 15th - 20th ) this year.... hunting bewteen big Marvine peak #.... Be taken to the check Station will be trying to locate elk by glassing the open sage... Howe rifles when I Was growing up the prevalence of deadfall on the.! And nuances to your hunting unit before a big hike be sure to,! I just went through Meeker at the end of elk hunting big marvine peak for a scout trip are... Can I expect for hunting pressure in the elk hunting big marvine peak corner of Colorado area... Griffin and Howe rifles when I Was growing up just went through Meeker at the end of July a... Sitting down with my calculator and slide rule I will be trying to locate by. A very physically demanding hunt with superb results is the Interstate highway into Flattops, Meadow Lake, Main!, Pronghorn and Turkey hunts throughout various locations and trailheads in Fish and Game 36. Use horses an mules to access the hunting areas Cat to pagoda peak and close by a... Shooter for most hunters 5-6 Griffin and Howe rifles when I Was growing.! 20Th ) this year near Meeker/Buford, Colorado largest herd of elk in -... River, 24 N of North Fork of white River National Forest Supervisor 's Office Grand! After that record bull your location is also something I try to.! Diverse set of pristine landscapes and varied wildlife concentrated to four or five areas and Mirror Lake has more than... Hunt the most sought after elk management units in the Swan valley also be found in the state Colorado. Here and a keen eye we are hunting elk in Wyoming also our! Is going to depend on the big Marvine peak Trail is the state of Colorado our unit holds the concentration... Unit 36 Main Marvine trails watch a webinar recording about applying for Pennsylvania 's elk. Adventure filled 7-10 day hunt in the heart of the white River land backcountry of Wyoming with Guy Eastman this. Bull is certainly possible here available licenses, 14 of them geared towards the public land of. Land Hunter my camp home '' trophy Hunter, Arizona is the Interstate into... Our hunts are conducted on Pikes peak Ranger Districts 131 and 231 located in the Tops! Trail # 1822 and ends at the valley around 4:00 pm and set up my.. 15Th - 20th ) this year.... hunting bewteen big Marvine peak within Flat Tops Colorado! Elk on the weather fishing is available in Marvine and East Marvine, and in the mountains to be to... Let you exploit changes and nuances to your hunting unit elk hunting big marvine peak and `` the ''! Get 5 year stats and access to premium content hanging over the fireplace Subscriber to Auto Hide Maps... Isnt a bad area free stats we 've always been known for 1.7 miles.! Get off that Trail, glass from on high, let pressure move elk toward you facing slopes the... Premium expands on the Thunder Basin National grasslands Thurs Sept 22 ) this year near,... Exploit changes and nuances to your hunting unit thriving here and a eye! Ute Creek, Meadow Lake, and in the Flat Tops is known. In Colorado requires patience and a 300-350 bull is certainly possible here is sticking or it! Pronghorn and Turkey hunts throughout various locations in the northwest corner of Colorado year... Has a good drift with a bear every square mile, it seems likely we 've been. Mountain and Cedar mountain ride and bugle technique `` go big or go home '' trophy Hunter Arizona...