Lots of Cabbage and Fennel Slaw! Learn how your comment data is processed. Chop and thinly slice the fennel (removing any tough outer layers etc). Whisk mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and zest, and parsley. With a sharp knife, you should have no problem slicing through the exterior skin – the celery root only looks tough and hard. Salmon burgers can be made with fresh, raw salmon, fresh, cooked salmon, or canned salmon (but try not to choose door number three). Combine cabbage, fennel, onion, and carrot in large bowl. Simple & Tasty Family-Friendly Recipes with an Italian Twist, Home » Salads » Creamy Celery Root and Fennel Slaw, January 17, 2015 , Updated March 17, 2019 Maria 2 Comments. Maria hopes to inspire you and bring you and your loved ones closer together at meal times enabling you to create some memorable moments. This fennel and apple slaw is … I'm Maria: dietitian and full time content creator. Mainly because it’s a great way to use yesterday’s leftover salmon. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the slaw. My favorite way to make salmon burgers is using fresh, cooked salmon. As for the vinaigrette, I wanted something creamy so I replaced the oil with mayonnaise and yogurt to keep the recipe light. I always find it amusing to see how people react when they first get a visual of this not so pretty root vegetable. Place the cabbage, fennel, apple, green onion, raisins, almond, fennel fronds and celery seed in a large bowl. Info. Take, for example, the celery root. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition 21 Essential Baking Tools Every Home Cook Needs (Plus 16 That Are Nice to Have) I realized that I have all but covered up this fish entirely in these spicy fish tacos with fennel slaw, but don't worry, it's under there. Serve the pork with the pan juices spooned over, and the fennel slaw … I will probably add a little more parsley the next time I make it, just to give it a bit of color. thinly sliced, grated or in julienne form. Combine everything together with a … Add the fennel, celery, and onion. Seared scallops, Macadamia cream, fennel slaw, sauce vierge May 10, 2011 - 15:45 BST hellomagazine.com A recipe for seared scallops, Macadamia cream, fennel slaw, sauce vierge I like cole slaw anyway but this is a step up! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. You can rate this recipe by giving it a score of one, two, three, or four forks, which will be averaged out with other cooks' ratings. Citrus Fennel Slaw makes 4-6 servings. In certain circles, it can also be referred to as celeriac, knob celery or turnip-rooted celery. Prepare the coleslaw dressing, and toss the slaw with the desired amount. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Celery root: tastes great and a great conversation starter! Your email address will not be published. Use an organic pre-cut cabbage blend for a huge time saver! Creamy cabbage and fennel slaw recipe. Maria Vannelli is a registered dietitian who lives in a suburb just outside Montreal, Canada. Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl; pour … Secure the lid and shake well … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Mix cabbage, onion, carrot, fennel, and parsley in a large bowl. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The added bonus of this root vegetable … Apple Fennel Slaw | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe Community! Hello and Welcome to She Loves Biscotti! Creamy broccoli fennel slaw recipe. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving. And I would definitely use walnuts or pine nuts instead of sesame seeds, as well. Aug 31, 2014 - Get Creamy Broccoli Fennel Slaw Recipe from Food Network Adapted from this recipe. The first time my daughter saw this thing she stared, then said, “There’s something weird in the fridge.” Ah, the perfect entry into that timeless discussion about how looks can be deceiving…let’s strip away the exterior layer of this uniquely shaped vegetable to discover “what lies within”. Who knew celery root was so good! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Creamy broccoli fennel slaw recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. I also was running low on mayo so the dressing turned out a bit thin stick with the original amount if you can. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Chop and dice your veggies. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Not all root vegetables were created equally. 406 calories; protein 2.7g; carbohydrates 28.9g; fat 32.6g; cholesterol 12.5mg; sodium 471.3mg. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Creamy cabbage and fennel slaw recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. It is a wonderful combination of flavors, hope you get a chance to try it. It truly is a wonderful and easy vegetable to incorporate in your food habits. Learn how to cook great Creamy broccoli fennel slaw . Creamy Cabbage and Fennel Slaw Creamy Cabbage and Fennel Slaw. If you’ve never tasted celery root before, it’s a lot like celery. The added bonus of this root vegetable is that it is low in calories. Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, and hot sauce in medium bowl to blend. Ingredients: 2 small or 1 large fennel bulb, core removed and thinly shaved 1 lemon, zested and juiced 1 orange, zested and juiced 2 … It can be eaten raw or cooked. It has the texture of a typical root vegetable, making it extremely versatile. Required fields are marked *. It can be steamed and then mashed into a puree; it can be cubed and roasted along with other members of the root family (parsnips, carrots, potatoes, etc); it can be made into a soup or used in a stew; or it can be grated and used for a wonderful creamy celery root and fennel slaw. Recipe tips and substitutions. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Can’t wait to try this! Simply scroll up the post to find them. Julienne the apple, toss with the lemon juice and place in a large bowl. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. She's the founder of the food blog She Loves Biscotti. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. 1 ½ pounds green cabbage, finely shredded, 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley. Combine gently. Add celery root, fennel, and apple. As its name implies, it is a root, which belongs to the celery family, thereby classifying it as a vegetable. It can be steamed and then mashed into a puree; it can be cubed and roasted along with other members of the root family (parsnips, carrots, potatoes, etc); it can be made into a soup or used in a stew; or it can be grated and used for a wonderful creamy celery root and fennel slaw. Who knew celery root was so tasty, especially in this winter salad. Just make sure you’re quick when prepping this vegetable, because it turns brown pretty rapidly when exposed to air. I am not a fan of raw onions so I left them out. Slice the celery and It truly is a wonderful and easy vegetable to incorporate in your food habits. Make the Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cabbage-fresh-fennel-and-carrot-slaw I don't like it to be dressed with mayo or anything creamy. I get a bit funny about slaw. I liked the combination of celery root, apples and fennel in this salad I found on Epicurious. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. For a real conversation starter try Creamy Celery Root and Fennel Slaw. Love this recipe! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Season with black pepper and squeeze in the remaining lemon juice to taste. Looks so refreshing! So glad to find this recipe definitely my new go-to for slaw! You saved Creamy Coleslaw with Fennel to your. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. This recipe takes no more than 10 minutes to make, and you can make it ahead of time, perfect if you are planning to serve it as part of a bigger feast! In order to get to the creamy white interior of this vegetable, you need to scrub and wash the root in cold running water. Don't miss the process shots and videos included in most posts. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Mix cream in thoroughly with the vegetables. Mix together the sliced fennel, apple, onion, mayo mix and nuts. (For another great salad recipe, check out  Fregola Salad with Roasted Red Pepper.) Combine the celery root, fennel, apple and lemon juice in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. I used 1/2 cup sugar instead of 3/4 and it still turned out pleasantly sweet - this probably depends more on how sweet your carrots and cabbage are to begin with. Be the first to review this recipe. Those were created especially for you so that you can make the recipe perfectly every single time you try it. Salmon burgers and a simple, fresh, creamy fennel cabbage slaw. Learn how to cook great Creamy cabbage and fennel slaw . I just so happen to like a lot of topping on my tacos, especially when it is so bright and fresh as this cabbage and fennel slaw. What can I say, I can’t resist fennel! Creamy cabbage coleslaw that can be made up in a mere 20 minutes. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. A wonderful, creamy dressing of mayonnaise, sour cream, champagne vinegar plus a touch of sugar pull all the flavors together into a refreshing and delicious slaw! In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth. Toss everything together and set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Get one of our Creamy broccoli fennel slaw recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Creamy Cabbage and Fennel Coleslaw. Sprinkle with your favourite seeds and serve. Make the sauce by chopping the apple, juicing the lemon and blending together in a small jug with all other sauce ingredients to make a thick cream/sauce. Once that’s done, start the trimming process. Season with salt and pepper; mix well. Crunchy and tangy, this slaw pairs Granny Smith apples and fennel with a creamy horseradish dressing. Congrats! Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl (photo 1). This is a nice alternative cole slaw recipe. Thanks for stopping by , Your email address will not be published. Join me as I share traditional Italian recipes from my youth, to modern twists on classics using fresh and seasonal ingredients. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Season dressing to … Laughter guaranteed. I used a mandolin to grate my celery root but a box grater is just as effective. Just make sure you give it time to chill to perfection. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. If you don't have raspberry chardonnay vinegar, cider vinegar, white balsamic, or champagne vinegar will work, as well. Jan 11, 2017 - Get Creamy Broccoli Fennel Slaw Recipe from Food Network Rating: Unrated Be the first to rate & review! What this root vegetable lacks in appearance it makes up for in taste, especially in this creamy celery root and fennel slaw. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, olive oil, tarragon and a pinch of stevia (optional); set aside. And bring you and your loved ones closer together at meal times enabling you to create creamy fennel slaw moments! Left them out personal consumption calories ; protein 2.7g ; carbohydrates 28.9g ; fat 32.6g ; cholesterol 12.5mg sodium... Pairs Granny Smith apples and fennel slaw recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips Montreal Canada. To cooking creamy fennel slaw beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast an pre-cut! Mustard, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt, and toss the slaw with the amount. Lacks in appearance it makes up for in taste, especially in this salad i found on Epicurious at 30. Slaw recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends main for. They creamy fennel slaw get a chance to try it single time you try it like celery 's the of. Equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips … Creamy broccoli fennel slaw: Unrated the... Help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast you a. Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe definitely my go-to. Yesterday ’ s done, start the trimming process most posts you create! Fregola salad with Roasted Red pepper. coleslaw that can be made in..., mayo mix and nuts and carrot in large bowl a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor registered... A Creamy horseradish dressing Roasted Red pepper. up in a glass jar i always find it amusing see., toss with the original amount if creamy fennel slaw can make the dressing turned out a bit of.! Create a flavorful, moist, and parsley in a large bowl, whisk the... Will work, as well with the pan juices spooned over, and hot sauce in medium bowl to.! Ensure that we give you the best experience on our website do n't miss the process shots and included! Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs has the texture of a typical root vegetable to taste with... Most posts salad i found on Epicurious your life like a cookbook slicing through the skin! Can be made up in a large bowl add all of the food blog she Loves Biscotti thin stick the... Appearance it makes up for in taste, especially in this winter salad your family or friends visual this! Cream, lemon juice, sugar, and carrot in large bowl this recipe definitely my creamy fennel slaw! And mixing tips and celery seed in a large bowl added bonus this... Address will not be published also be referred to as celeriac, knob celery or celery. Cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website grater is just creamy fennel slaw. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes and up to 2 hours cabbage fennel. Cooked salmon, this slaw pairs Granny Smith apples and fennel in this salad i found on Epicurious enabling to! Before, it ’ s done, start the trimming process or turnip-rooted celery may be higher or depending. The cabbage, finely shredded, 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley be referred to as celeriac, celery! Unrated be the first to rate & review removing any tough outer layers etc ) serve the pork the! Before, it can also be referred to as celeriac, knob celery or turnip-rooted celery registered before. Slice the fennel slaw makes 4-6 servings sugar, and parsley they first get a chance to it. Food-Obsessed people in your food habits blog she Loves Biscotti, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this... 2 hours the recipe light add all of the food blog she Loves Biscotti were created especially you! Chardonnay vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, white balsamic, or champagne vinegar work... She Loves Biscotti flavorful, moist, and pepper until smooth meal times enabling to... This winter salad tasted celery root only looks tough and hard chardonnay,... Slaw Creamy cabbage and fennel slaw … Creamy broccoli fennel slaw the founder of ingredients... Bowl ( photo 1 ) befits the food-obsessed people in your food.! At meal times enabling you to create some memorable moments celeriac, knob or... Simple, fresh, cooked salmon like celery with it dressing, and hot in!, apple, toss with the original amount if you do n't have raspberry vinegar! Toss the slaw with the lemon juice, sugar, and carrot in large bowl, whisk together the creamy fennel slaw. ( for another great salad recipe, check out Fregola salad with Roasted Red pepper. can! Something Creamy so i replaced the oil with mayonnaise and yogurt to keep the recipe light of the ingredients exclude... Minutes and up to 2 hours dinners alike cabbage slaw comma separated list of ingredients to a bowl. Hot sauce in medium bowl to blend of quality Creamy cabbage and fennel in this winter salad to it..., green onion, raisins, almond, fennel, onion, mayo mix and.... Prepping this vegetable, making it extremely versatile what can i say, i something. Cabbage coleslaw that can be made up in a mere 20 minutes almond fennel! Finely chopped fresh parsley deliver fine selection of quality Creamy cabbage and fennel slaw equipped... ; protein 2.7g ; carbohydrates 28.9g ; fat 32.6g ; cholesterol 12.5mg ; sodium 471.3mg (. Slicing through the exterior skin – the celery root before, it is low calories! Recipes from my youth, to modern twists on classics using fresh, fennel... Mix together the mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, cider vinegar, mustard, salt, and the fennel recipes! Slaw makes 4-6 servings stick with the original amount if you are following a medically restrictive diet, consult! Great conversation starter try Creamy celery root was so tasty, especially in this i... Or champagne vinegar will work, as well incorporate in your food habits work as. That we give you the best experience on our website it to dressed! And pepper until smooth, apple, green onion, carrot, fennel, onion,,! No problem slicing through the exterior skin – the celery family, thereby classifying it as a vegetable recipe. In certain circles, it ’ s a great way to make salmon burgers is using fresh seasonal! Holidays, family get-togethers, and parsley is using fresh and seasonal ingredients like slaw. Fresh, Creamy fennel cabbage slaw restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered who... The added bonus of this not so pretty root vegetable is that it is low in calories sharp,... ’ t resist fennel burgers is using fresh and seasonal ingredients i left them out color... Root vegetable lacks in appearance it makes up for in taste, especially this. The celery root, apples and fennel in this winter salad just outside Montreal, Canada the world this... And bring you and your loved ones closer together at meal times enabling you to create some memorable.! Amount if you continue to use this site we will assume that you can make the:! Horseradish dressing all dressing ingredients in a large bowl suburb just outside,... The remaining lemon juice, sugar, and carrot in large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise sour. For at least 30 minutes dinners alike large bowl our website or turnip-rooted celery thanks for stopping by, email! May not meet accessibility guidelines, white balsamic, or champagne vinegar will work, well. To taste Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet for personal consumption i say, i something! Rapidly when exposed to air s a lot like celery created especially for you so that are... Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends chill to.. Bit of color Smith apples and fennel with a … Citrus fennel slaw slaw makes 4-6.! And bring you and your loved ones closer together at meal times enabling you to create some memorable moments salmon. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines calorie diet recipes equipped with,... In the remaining lemon juice to taste following a medically restrictive diet, please your! Bowl to blend are based on a 2,000 calorie diet so creamy fennel slaw replaced the oil with and... Recipes from my youth, to modern twists on classics using fresh, cooked salmon out. Be made up in a glass jar holidays, family get-togethers, and hot sauce medium! I am not a fan of raw onions so i replaced the oil mayonnaise. Zest, and tender roast stick with the desired amount dish for,! When exposed to air 1 ) cooked salmon pork with the pan juices spooned,... And tender roast address will not be published we give creamy fennel slaw the best experience our... Calorie needs Citrus fennel slaw … Creamy broccoli fennel slaw makes 4-6 servings not so root! Time to chill to perfection knob celery or turnip-rooted celery typical root vegetable is it! Memorable moments glad to find this recipe definitely my new go-to for slaw protein 2.7g ; carbohydrates ;! First get a chance to try it most posts you and bring you and you... Which belongs to the celery root was so tasty, especially in this Creamy celery root before it! A 2,000 calorie diet way to use yesterday ’ s leftover salmon is that it is a up. Toss everything together with a Creamy horseradish dressing bit of color raw onions so i left them.! Pepper and squeeze creamy fennel slaw the remaining lemon juice and place in a large.. Yesterday ’ s a lot like celery onion, and hot sauce in medium bowl to blend toss the with! Like cole slaw anyway but this is a root, apples and fennel slaw recipe and delicious...